• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lowering case temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

HydroCool

know of any ways to lower case temps and the air temps inside the case so i can have better CPU temps? i dont want to add fans right now because im broke as a joke, prolly even broker... and i dont want to lower the AC temps cause of money reasons...which is bullshizzit since theres 5 aquariums plus a small pond that use up way ore electricity than the AC being 3 degrees cooler...

well, you can take off your side panel, but dust is a problem if you are not ok with it.
you can also try ducting one of the intake fan directly to your HSF, or better yet, duct your AC outlet to your intake fan...:D

HydroCool said:
know of any ways to lower case temps and the air temps inside the case so i can have better CPU temps? i dont want to add fans right now because im broke as a joke, prolly even broker... and i dont want to lower the AC temps cause of money reasons...which is bullshizzit since theres 5 aquariums plus a small pond that use up way ore electricity than the AC being 3 degrees cooler...

well i have a 92mm low panaflo that i could prolly send you. would that cost to much:)??

tidy up your wires. get rounded IDE cables if you dont have them, and zip ties to clean up your power supply wires. this will increase your airflow in the case and could help your temps if done well.

hehe what would i do with the panaflow?? and about the ducting, whats the best way to do it? i have intake fans but they have limited air flow because of stuppid case grilles that block alot of air flow, if i could them off, i could put a duct from that to the hsf, which would be kewl :D

HydroCool said:
hehe what would i do with the panaflow?? and about the ducting, whats the best way to do it? i have intake fans but they have limited air flow because of stuppid case grilles that block alot of air flow, if i could them off, i could put a duct from that to the hsf, which would be kewl :D

it was in repsonse into you saying you didn't want to ad any more fans because you were broke, but if you don't need it- ok. You just said it- first thing i would do is but the stock grills off because they can block up 65% of the air

i need something to cut the grills off with, i dont have any tool for that... :(

Buy some tin snips or such at a hardware store, a dremel is way cooler and has a million uses, but is alot more expensive). You should be able to mangle the holes open with some snips of some sort. Hey NAS, you hear about the 9/11 organization that is trying to get them to change the second LotR movie name from "The Two Towers" because they say they are trying to capitalize on the tragedy???? What a bunch of morons we have in this country (but hey thats America an I still love it)

Back