• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Engineering Sample pc1066 Samsung on its way

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Fluxer

*Updated* - Engineering Sample pc1066 Samsung here

Update:

Here are some pics. More to come when I test it in my TH7II-Raid.

After taking off the bubble wrap:
pc1066-1j.JPG

After taking the ram out of the plastic:
pc1066-2j.JPG

Looks good to me, so far :D

Well, I just ordered ES (engineering sample) pc1066 Samsung RDRAM with 32 ns chips. Also, I have reason to believe that Memplus.com, who listed pc1066 RDRAM for sale either made a mistake or listed the RDRAM correctly on purpose. I called Memplus and asked them if it was official pc1066 RDRAM and they just said the part number of the ram and I heard them mention pc800-40 meaning it would not be pc1066. They said all of this rather rudely too, as if I was wasting their time. Also, I called Mushkin and they said that they should have pc1066 RDRAM by the middle of June so we'll just have to see. In addition to that, I called Outpost.com for availability on their pc1066 Mushkin RDRAM and they said it was not available as of now and they were not sure when it would be in.

I'll let you guys know how this pc1066 I ordered performs after it arrives (probably in about a week). Too bad I have a p4 1.8a because it only does 141 FSB (takes like 2.0 Vcore too! I have watercooling though) or so. I may have to get a 1.6a to tap into the full potential of the RDRAM. Also, the modules I am receiving total to 256mb (2x 128mb).

Last edited:
1066 on its way

:D can't wait to see what the results will be. What memory do u have now? I have a i820 rdram p3c-e mobo setting on my desk. I was waiting to see if I could put some 1066 in it instead of 800.

Well, thats another reason the results to this will be interesting. I say this because I currently have Samsung pc800 RDRAM (16 device, 2x 256mb, total of 512mb) that will only do 128 FSB at 4x 100% stable in Prime 95. Now, if the RDRAM is the only limiting factor, I should be able to easily achieve speeds higher than this with the pc1066. I'll keep you updated.

Last edited:
from where did you get this? Tomhs hardware had used the same 32ns ram at PC1200!

Actually I got 6 sticks of 128-MB Samsung that will do 148/4X. These are 800-45 sticks cherry picked from the 0205H and 0206H batch date. These should tide me over for awhile :D . They all passed several loops of the DocMem burn-in test. Man, it was a ***** finding and testing them.

I tested 148/4X on my P4T-E board and I got a Sandra memory score of 3688/3685. I got a junkie 1.6a that is stable at 156 FSB and will be installing that pretty soon. My good one does 163 FSB but no sense wasting that on the P4T-E (only capable of 156 FSB max) so it's on a P4B266-E board.

Through testing on my P4T-E board, I've found bandwidth really jumps up to 138/4X (3400) then it plateaus off. Notice at 148/4X I'm still just below 3700. 'Course DDR guys would kill just to hit 3300.

Hey Celerongeek, PC800 is more than enough for that P3C-E board, trust me, I got that board. That Intel 820 chipset only runs at 133 FSB, not 400, so all that bandwidth is being wasted. PC800 is good for PC822. If you check Sandra, it is rated at 411 mhz.

I'm on this forum as I just ordered a TH7-II RAID board.

have you guys seen the recent price drop in th7-2R at newegg
For $122!! I might buy more!

That's why I picked one up - got it from them. They deplete stock fast so should be one of the later ones.

Update!

I finally assembled everything and put it in my case. I have my 1.8a Northwood and 128mb Mushkin pc1066 RDRAM with Samsung 32ns chips installed (pictures of the ram are shown in my original post above).

I was able to get my 1.8a up to 2528 MHz with a FSB of 140. I could boot into Windows XP Pro at 2.6 GHz but unfortunately Prime 95 failed shortly after. This of course was because of the CPU, not the memory.

Previously with my pc800 Samsung RDRAM (made in the 51st week of 2001) I was only able to attain a 100% stable (24 hour Prime 95 Torture test) FSB of 128 with the RDRAM at 4x in the BIOS. This equates to pc1024.

Now, with the pc1066 Samsung RDRAM I am able to run at 140 x4 (my cpu is the limiting factor, I may get a 1.6a soon). It seems stable but I won't know until tomorrow since I am running Prime 95 overnight to test for stability. I'll keep everyone updated. For now, here are some SiSoft benchmarks.

Clock speed and processor information:
MaxClock.PNG

Memory:
SiSoftMem.PNG

SiSoft Arithmetic Bench:
Arithmetic.PNG

SiSoft Multi-Media Bench:
Multi-Media.PNG

And finally, some Winbond information:
Winbond.PNG

I just bought some Samsung 1066 today - the same module featured in your pics. I will have that by the end of the week hopefully. The only problem is my 2.2 northy won't go much beyond 133 - or I should say used to, since the board or chip is dead. I need to get a 1.6 or 1.8A and possibly a new motherboard to test this ram out. I will let you all know how mine does too.

amd_builder said:
Also, 3DMark2001 SE bench with a GeForce 3 Ti500 with FSB@141 and RDRAM@4x:

http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=3529513

Still testing stability with different BIOS settings. Right now, my CPU is the only limiting factor. Also, I got this ES RDRAM from Atif, so he sells the good stuff, just so you guys know.
very nice, could you post a link to where you got the rimms. also, just think if you had an ati 8500, omg:eek:

I got the RDRAM from Atif, who can be emailed here for those interested. Its not cheap but I think its worth the price.

Back