• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

been gone. whats the latest on cpu coolers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nookie

hey all. i've been out of the overclocking scene for awhile and am now building a new computer within the week. last time i checked the volcano 7 was the new and hype thing. just curious to see whats new thats out and good? the vol.7 is only $19 and was planning on buying that. any ideas? thanks

the thing to do right now is watercool :p

but if air is your thing, go with a AX-7 and a low DBA
80mm panfalo or mechatronics.

thanks for the reply all.i think im going to go with the thermalright AX-7 heatsink with the panaflo 80mm fan. should i run into any problems with this?

You can read about the latest and greatest heatsinks here:

http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/

I've recently used both the Volcano 7 plus and the AX-478 and they are both very good performers.

A few people that are P4 users had a few mounting issues with the Volcano 7 Plus, but my honest opinion is the AX-7 for you Amd people, is a great choice if your not using H20 cooling...Not to mention it performs best and costs less :)

Back