• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Boot disk for Mandrake 8.0???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lochreas

Ok, it came with a program on the cd-rom called RawWrite that writes an image file to a floppy so you can boot into Linux, but I don't know what image file to choose to put on the floppy!

Lochreas said:
Ok, it came with a program on the cd-rom called RawWrite that writes an image file to a floppy so you can boot into Linux, but I don't know what image file to choose to put on the floppy!
Hmmm, I'm workign with just that very distribution right now ... As I recall, right on the CD, there is a readme.html or something to that effect that should say which image file to lookfor.

Have you tried booting off the first installation disk? That actually works quite well and eliminates the need for the initialboot floppy. -- Paul

Ohtherwise, I'll check on my mandrake CD when I get home this evening. -- Paul

Okay, I'm home now.

I noticed that when I stuck in my CD (in Windows XP), it autoplayed to give a splash screen. One option was to create a boot disk. Examining the autorun.ini file on the CD, I see that you should run (assuming your CD-ROM is X:\) X:\dosutils\autorun.exe, which will give the very same splashscreen.

Otherwise, you need the following image file on the CD:

X:\images\cdrom.img

I would use rawwritewin.exe. -- Paul

Back