• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help understanding the Pump Relay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tseongsun

I have read a ton of posts on the pump relay but I have a question that I couldn't get answered by reading previous posts.

Some people referred to a site with that had this pic (below) on it but I don't understand the whole "male molex" from the pump thing. Do you cut the pump's wire and fit some sort of adapter on there? or do you stick an adapter onto the end of the pump's plug? Anyone know? By the way, I was thinking of doing this with an eheim pump.

pwg-ph-relay.gif

The Spyder said:
Im this case a molex connector was added to the pump for easy removal and a nice finish-

How did they add it? do you know a site where they have instructions on how to do that?

You may have more luck messaging Hoot, unless someone else can quickly provide an answer. I was actually on my way to get some sleep to be wide awake for the AMD conference tomorrow :cool: . There's got to be bunches of stuff I can pick up there. Anyway, if you can't get in touch with Hoot, and no one else replies, do some research on how relays work. They're actually pretty simple, and you should be able to wire one in, within 10 mins. Just be sure to go slow, and think everything out. When you know how the relay works, everything should fall into place.

In the drawing above your to cut the male plug off of the pump. The drawing is of a double pole double throw relay. You could use a single pole single throw relay as there is no need to switch the white wire. Or you could use a solid-state relay in the link below. I still have a few left. The solid-state relays have no moving parts.

CLICK

OK so he does cut the end off. That's just what I was really wondering. Wiring it into a molex is pretty straightforward as well then I suppose

Back