• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

CPU Temp Question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VNg7353752

Registered
My Athlon XP 2100+ on a GA-7VRXP mobo is idling around 52-55C. Is this a good temperature for idling?

I did use AS3 and a high pwered fan(Coolermaster HHC-001).

If this this not a good temp, tell me what I need to do.

I probably put too much AS3, but that wouldn't change the temp. much.
Also, can someone tell me how to remove heatsink? I found it very difficult and heartbreaking.

VNg7353752 said:
My Athlon XP 2100+ on a GA-7VRXP mobo is idling around 52-55C. Is this a good temperature for idling?

I did use AS3 and a high pwered fan(Coolermaster HHC-001).

If this this not a good temp, tell me what I need to do.

I probably put too much AS3, but that wouldn't change the temp. much.
Also, can someone tell me how to remove heatsink? I found it very difficult and heartbreaking.
yes that is hot, too hot. Too much AS3 is BAD, you want to put a paper thin coat on the core, squeeze out like the size of a grain of rice, spread evenly with a straight edge razor blade for best results.

Remember, the 7VRXP reports the temps CORRECTLY; so other boards are usually lower from about 5-10c.

msmasitti said:
Remember, the 7VRXP reports the temps CORRECTLY; so other boards are usually lower from about 5-10c.

Correctly? depends on your definition. Differently, apparently so. The Mobo sensor is placed just above and to the left of the CPU. The HS exhaust flows over it. So, it may be accurate but it is a different placement, if I understand it correctly, than most others. Aren't most mobo sensors placed near the southbridge?

BTW I just pushed my 2100+ to 2200+ using the Gigabyte GA-7VRX. So far so good. My loaded CPU temp is now 59c, mobo is 41c.

Mr_Scrub said:

Correctly? depends on your definition. Differently, apparently so. The Mobo sensor is placed just above and to the left of the CPU. The HS exhaust flows over it. So, it may be accurate but it is a different placement, if I understand it correctly, than most others. Aren't most mobo sensors placed near the southbridge?

BTW I just pushed my 2100+ to 2200+ using the Gigabyte GA-7VRX. So far so good. My loaded CPU temp is now 59c, mobo is 41c.

I am talking about the CPU temp; not case temp. Case temp, I have no idea.

Back