• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9 billion. 8 billion. 30 million. #8

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Yes. Yes we are still #8 in the world. This number haunts me in my sleep. 8 here, 8 there, 8 everywhere I look. I have 8 kids, 8 wives, 8 mothers, 8 fathers, 8 sisters 8 brothers..... Okay. That's not even a little true. Sorry. I was looking to add flair and got carried away. What is true is that we are still #8 in the world but the future of that is looking good. So I'll dispense of the drama and stick to the facts.

We are no longer being chased. I think this was true last week too. Our production has risen to the point that no one is able to catch us. Our production ramp now means that we are still chasing NVIDIA and EVGA is back in our sights. 1.5 years and 23.4 years. We have no idea of the future for NVIDIA F@H but we do have an idea of EVGA. Quickly here, EVGA is perhaps our most favoritist seller of things. They stopped selling NVIDIA GPUs. Their folding base (the team) is comprised mostly of EVGA fanboys who were brought in with GPU discounts and GPU give-aways and what not. (No problem with any of that by the way.) However, since the company is no longer in the GPU business, their base will erode over time. This is a lot of words to say that I don't think it will take us 23 years to pass them. We will keep going with newer and newer GPUs and they will lose membership and/or stick with older GPUs. (Generally speaking.)

T32 = #8
@WhitehawkEQ is #30 in the world.
@HayesK _ALL is #36.
@HayesK _GRC is #52.
@torin3 is # 80.
@Holdolin is #100.

We have a few teammates in the wings too looking to break into the top 100 of the world. @orion456 , P4EE, @superducky . We are looking to celebrate when you guys break into the top 100. WOOT! WOOT!

The team is doing better. I, of course, mean team 32 or us. Our active numbers are not that great but our production is much better. 36 active folders. Of them:
The top 18 are all earning 1 million ppd or more. This is a happy increase.
Top 9 are all earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 4 are earning 30 million ppd or more.
Top 2 are earning 50 million ppd or more. Almost 60 million.
Top 1 is earning 130 million ppd or more.

@harlam357 joins me in the 9 billion club. Great job!
@Farwalker2u just earned 8 billion and is going to be in the 9 billion club soon. I feel like making that joke that you make with little kids. You know, you acuse them of growing too fast and threaten to push down on the top of thier head to stop them from growing. Alas, it is futile and inevitable that growth will happen. Great job Farwalker.
@ZapTap has earned 30 million and will hit the next milestone in less than a week. Great job buddy.

That's all I can think of this week. Be well, be happy and keep folding.

Build, Borg, Recruit.

Last edited:
I hope with the cooling weather that we will see @Holdolin back in the T32 fold before he loses his #100 spot.
While I do not know, I fear that @Holdolin is no longer with us. He was last here back in June and any other references to that screen name also seems to have stopped at other forums. While I hope that he is alive and well, he may not be either of those things. Alive or not, it was great to have him on the team while we had him.

Back