• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8kha C! error

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wonko The Sane

8kha C1 error

I just got an epox 8kha+, a 1 gig duron and a 512 stick of samsung pc2700, and when putting it ll together, it gives me a C! error and continuous long beeps. I've tried reseating the ram and clearing the CMOS. even tried leaving the battery out and jumper on clear with all ower disconnected overnight and still gives me the C! error. have also tried a known good 256 stick of samsung ram and another duron 1 gig with the same results. Ive tried all 3 rem slots, also. havent tried anything with the power supply though, but i'm going to do that in a few minutes. any help is greately appreciated. thanks in advance.

*edit: just tried connecting power supply directly to wall outlet with a
same result. will borrow a power supply from a friend later today. Is it possible that the board just doesn't like samsung ram? I also read something about the letter on the bios chip making a difference, if it matters, the letter on my bios chip is U. again thank you for any help you can give me.

Last edited:
Hey Wonko

Really all the letter on the bios chip indicates is the bios it is shipped with (this from EpoxTech at AOA). I don't know about any probs with Samsung mem but if you have access to a stick of Crucial it would be worth a shot. The thought about trying another PSU is a possibility as well as this board can be a bit finnicky about ram and PSU.

well i've tried different ram, processor, power supply and video card, and still not booting. I'm ot able to get a hold of different ram though. i guess i'll just have to see what epox says about it and how to RMA it if nececary. if anybody has other ideas, though, it would be appreciated.

i thought the 8kha+ only except pc2100 ddrs if ur sticking 2700 i dont think it will run. i'm not sure but see if u got some 2100 ram and try that.
if not then i think u got to rma the think.

packratbob said:
i thought the 8kha+ only except pc2100 ddrs if ur sticking 2700 i dont think it will run. i'm not sure but see if u got some 2100 ram and try that.
if not then i think u got to rma the think.

I don't know about the PC2700, generally ram is backwards compatible. I'm running a stick of Corsair PC2400 in my 8KHA+ at the moment with no probs whatsoever. ;)

wow i learn something new everyday. so getting pc2700 in my 8kha might help it overclock?

well i contacted the person i bought the board from, and they're going to get me the invoice # so i can RMA the board. gonna see if i can find a different stick of memory to try first though. Thank you all for your suggestions and help.

Wonko did you check to make sure the jck1 jumper is set at 100 mhz clock speed? I had the same error whith my 8kha+ and changing the jumper did the trick. I thought I had bought a bad duron 1.0g but now it works like a charm.

Back