• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone have trouble with CREATIVE DXR3 card?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

h0mersimps0n

Originally it was a ***** to get the card running in the first place. But about a year ago I got it working under win2000. I had a system crash and reinstalled everything now I can't get the application to run anymore. From clean install I had no problem installing the driver nor the application but when I try to load the application it says that the card isn't installed correctly or isn't working properly when in the device manager it says no hardware conflicts and hardware is running fine... I wrote creative and they won't help because using beta drivers (all they ****ing have)....

WTF so ****ed at creative...

I have the DX2, and had the same problem with it. I can't remember exactly how I fixed the problem. What video card are you using? If you have a decently recent vid card, you don't need the decoder card.

Well...you could try this.

The Dxr3 is the same identical card as the REALmagic Hollywood Plus. I personally like the Realmagic drivers and program better than the Creative Labs stuff.

So you could just go to www.realmagic.com and download the realmagic software instead of the creative labs stuff. Worked for me.:D

:cool: I was having the same problem with the DXR3. Used creative beta drivers. First installed the driver then setup. Used device manager to do it. Not using the program that came with the DVD. Using Asus 2000, or whichever program you prefer. It works in Win2000 and WINXP Pro, no problems.

Interesting approach, never really thought to try diff software, I'm stuck in this software must match hardware mindset. Specially since the drivers install no problem what-so-ever. Anyway, where could I get my hands on the asus software and how much is it? Is there any other software out there that would utilize the creative dxr3 hardware?

:cool: The software came with my Asus V8200 Deluxe. But there are some out there. I have tried most of the ones that you can download for trial, they do work. WINDVD, etc.....

Those are software decoders (WINDVD, POWERDVD). I need something that has options to integrate hardware decoding and support for the dxr3...

:cool: I am new to all this myself, just learning. My video card came with a cable that can be attached to the DXR3. Is this what you mean? I either had to use the cable or remove the DXR3 from the system. My DVD-ROM is Creative PC-DVD, the DXR3 came with it. I did remove the card from the system just to try it out, DVD wouldn't work. System wouldn't recognize the DVD.

this is a machine I sold with the dxr3 card and told the guy it was working and would work before I shipped it. I got the realmagic drivers to install ok but the application won't install. Says the drivers are in use or something.... I'm so angry right now. Anyone know of any other software that utilizes dxr3 encoding??

PLEASE HELP, I'm desperate...

BINGO, well I now know its not the hardware. I was reading through the README and discovered the creative drivers work with the creative app AND windows dvd player. So I loaded windows dvd player and just like it said in the instructions, the magenta screen loaded, dvd played nearly flawless. Its the MFing application from creative that is miffed.

Worse of all there are a handful of registry entries under some PCI hardware that I can not remove no matter what I try. I really tried to scrape the comp clean of all drivers and apps but safe mode or not could not get like 6 entries out. I know those entries are screwing me...

anyone know of a updated/better version of windows dvd player?

anyone know how to force changes in registry? why would those be stuck?

HELPP!!!

thanks

:cool: Glad that you finally got it. After the last post. I decided to install the app that came with the DXR3, it crashed my system. It kept rebooting, that is until I removed it. There is an upgrade to WINDVD, www.windvd.com. For the registry there is a shareware app ashampoowinoptimizer. It came be download from www.ashampoo.com. You'll have to register, the only way that you will be able to get the key, other wise you won't be able to use it to its fullest. Its good for 30 days. It will get rid of the registry that no longer are useful, just be careful. Read it first before you tackle it.

yeah thanks, its boxed and ready to be shipped. WINDVD doesn't do me any good, no hardware support. The computer is only a PII 350 with a tnt2 ultra 32mb, not quite enough for my picky dvd playback tastes... thanks for the suggestions

:cool: Understand. Its the app that won't work with the system. So, I don't use it. Dxr3 is still in the system in conjuction with my video card is better playback on DVD's. Did like the app though, it ran well in WIN98SE.

Back