• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Vcore MOD FAILED?!?!?!? Erratic beeping after VMOD on TH7-II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Acanthus

Registered
i did a conservative Vmod of 1.7v using the guide in the sticky here on my 2.0a, instead of a wire i used a conductive pen (acutally a needle with the conductive material on the end, and painted a trace between the 2 pins.

I have also since put in 2 kingston 1066 ecc modules in the board, i dont have any other working modules to try.

When attempting to power up (vapochill in this system) i turned on power supply 2 (powers the vapochill independantly) and waited for the temps to hit -8c then powered up power supply 1. (the systems power supply enermax 550w) i got that horrendous volt error beep (rapid high then low pitched beeps) debug code of 00, which indicates 12v rail too low, if i use another power supply for PS1 (antec truepower 400w)it doesnt beep and gives me error 00 on the debug. Neither of these cause the temps to rise on the vapochill, and i have triple checked the clamshell mounting.

Any ideas? im so ready to sell my vapochill system as i have never been into windows since i got it 2 weeks ago.

You're probably not going to be able to do much of anything without some PC800 modules.

Back