• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Q-code 62 and vga led after installing EK waterblock on evga 3080 ftw3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ok, so I made some new discoveries. I know this sounds totally stupid, but I tried to post with card without any cooler, just bare pcb.

Now whats interesting is that the system actually booted with code A0, but there was no signal coming from the card. I chcecked if the boot wasnt done on igpu, but that gave no signal too so it had to be booted with the card.

I am really not sure what this means.

but if the card is toasted, it should not let the pc boot up or should it? I just tried to eliminate any possibility of shorting the pcb . Is it possible that evga created safeguard on the card that wont let it output signal if no cooler is present? something like temperature spike sensor that shuts down the card workload

It depends on what's wrong, of course. We have no idea, but if it isn't booting/sending a signal to the monitor without any cooler on, seems like the card is toast.

yes but the thing is that it actually booted, not showing b2 anymore, but finally the A0, just not sending signal, probably to prevent damage from the heat. Gonna try one last time instal waterblock without backplate (other users reported that it may cause a short) and use plastic washers everywhere

That's an assumption (and I fear nkt a likely one) it isn't putting a signal out because of the heat... I've booted video cards before without a heateink. Typically you see the bios come up before temps (which these simple thermal throttle first then shutoff).

well, I intalled the waterblock and is back to b2... really no matter what I try the card wont live...

Back