• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Why is my T-bird's Temperature so HIgh?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

romanlegion

Hi,

Specs
1.3 Tbird oc 1.45ghz
468 sdram 100
Coolermaster DP5

10.5x138 bios set up

Hmonitor

Mainboard 37 C CPU 55 C

Strange when I have the Tbird at 1ghz

Mainboard 35 C CPU 50 C
Default settings....

I have taken off the side of the computer and helped just a bit... I also applied some silicone base paste...

I just want to know if its normal to have this type of temperature.. the computer is very stable..even playing medal of honor...

ANdy

What kind of mobo do you have? It could just be reading it wrong. Or it is the heatsink. Cooler Masters are generaly not very good.

Unless your motherboard is reporting wrong, you can do better with your temps. What's your ambient? Are those idle temps?

If possible, you might want to get something more robust to cool that proc down. If you have inadequate case cooling, you'll want to invest in a couple of case fans. Actually, since your mainboard temp is high, case fans will do you a lot of good if you don't have any.

If you're experiencing temperature drops when taking off the side of the case, this means your case ventilation is inadequate. Get some more fans in there... :)

i had the exact problem with my tbird a couple months ago and i got it down to 43cpu/30case, and the process went like this.

1. new heatsink/fan (sk-6/termaltake smartfan)
2. new case (lian li pc-65)
3. added blow hole and window fan over heatsink

*note with my older case i added a duct and was running a cpu temp of 39 for a while, but that was b4 the summer heat hit and it jumped up to 49. now with the heat its between 43-45

Back