• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's up with the forums?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
According to the Front Page

From what has been posted earlier on the front page at overclockers.com some if not all the lines feeding to Skip's place took a hit from ligntening and he is at the mercy of the ISP to get them back up and functioning as expected.

SkyHook

yeah, it was down sometimes yesterday afternoon till today early evening. i've emailed Skip & Ed in case they didn't aware of this yesterday.

however, now, 11pm EST, the forum is pretty sluggish! seems like the ISP is still working on the line......

Yes, I live in Milwaukee, about 80 miles north of Chicago, and I can attest to the fact we've had some rotten weather over the past few days. Nice one minute, raining the next. There haven't been as many storms as far north as I am from what I've heard, though. Today I had a cable internet outage and was relying on 56k for a good part of the day so the forums don't seem so bad compared to that, at least for me. Still glad I got me cable back though.

There's a thread about it here in the GCRD.

Late this evening is the first time I've even been able to bring the forums up, let alone post or read much. Apparently Skip's line took a hit, or maybe a multiplexer somewhere in his local loop. It appears as though they're back up with maybe a fractional T1 for the time being.

Back