• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This fan looks promising

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Antimatter

COOLING POWER
It reduces 75% of traditional motor hub area. This revolutionary breakthrough not only increases 30% of airflow and static pressure, but also brings air stream directly to the centralized heat source. As a result, T.M.D. FAN improves the efficiency of heat dissipation at least 15%.

POWER CONSUMPTION / TORQUE
Locating motor at 4 corners substantially expands the room for winding. Thus, lower power consumption can be easily attained. At the same time, the torque of motor becomes even much more powerful than ever.

ACOUSTIC NOISE / BALANCE
As known, the tips of fan blades are the main source of noise when a fan is rotating. The magnet of T.M.D. FAN surrounds along the tips of fan blades. This "tip-magnetic" design eliminates the major noise source of an impeller and provides the suspended balancing force when impeller is rotating.

Features:

Quieter than traditional axial fans for the same amount of airflow
Tip-Magnetic driving fan
75% smaller than traditional motor hub area.
30% increase in airflow and static pressure
At least 15% more efficient than traditional fans

Less noise and better performance :D Can't wait till they make some 80mm's so they'll fit in the antec 80mm fan mounts. Oh yeah, linkage.

Its not doing any spectacular CFM and does not appear to be exceptionally quiet respective to the fan's RPM.
I think I will hold judgement, could be marketing hype

yah 36 cfm at 38 db?? i'm sure conventional ones will do better
36 cfm is just for stockies i guess hope fully they bring out 80 mm one might be actually worth while.

Read the front page article here
for a review of a HS with this YS Tech PD1270153B-2F fan.

It sure didn't do much for this HS.:(

Back