• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

DirectX 8.1b now availible (Final, not a beta)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i think .net already had this 8.1b in it cause the install didnt do anything and said it was done. how did it go on your machines? was it actuly copying files to your windows after you unpacked it and ran the setup?

Once you install it, it doesnt require a reboot, it just changes a few settings....I havent noticed any difference so far.

no difference whatsoever for me guys, same bechies and games look the same... hm.. it almost looked like it didnt even copy any files over! :p and like SSS said it didnt require a reboot, like every other dx installation i've ever done... oh well

Hi there. I have just insatalled DirX9 Beta, but i cant run 3dMark2001 as it only suports DirX8.1. Do any of you know of any Benchmark programs that i could use to see if it is Better or Worse than DirX8.1....
Thx in advance....:beer:

oo_7 said:
Hi there. I have just insatalled DirX9 Beta, but i cant run 3dMark2001 as it only suports DirX8.1. Do any of you know of any Benchmark programs that i could use to see if it is Better or Worse than DirX8.1....
Thx in advance....:beer:

Oh man... I remember reading something like that and how it was fixed. I don't remember what it is. I know it is possible though.

-PC

AAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..... I have chatted with afew people now, that say they have seen it can be done... BUT no one knows where..... LOL
Will be in your debt if some1 can hook me up with a link to the Patch...

Thx again:burn:

chris_4130 said:
i think i remember reading something in the http://www.rage3d.com forums about that go have a look u should find the answer

Thx m8. it is all sorted now for any1 else who needs too know here it is.

Alter this in Registry to Change the name of DX ..

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftDirectX

Alter the "Version" to read "4.08.01.0810"

Now all Apps and games alike that wouldn't run will

This is for WinXP and Maybe Win2k also..

Back