• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I have a delema

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oni

Oni-ni-Kanab;, Ninja Hippo eater Moderator
I'm a big Asus fan. I've had several Asus boards, and recommended these boards to my friends, and nobody I know personally has ever really had a problem with them.

I'm looking to buy a new motherboard, so I was looking around at prices on the new A7V333 RAID, and it caught my eye:

The Abit KX7333 RAID.

This board is $30 CDN cheeper on the site I was looking at, and it seem to have all the features that I want/need (I'm not sure about onboard sound, however, which I would need).

So my question to you is, beyond personal preference, which board would you choose? I'm still leaning towards the A7V333 RAID, but at at $30 CDN saving, that Abit KX7333 RAID looks mighty tasty!

As for the common questions, yeah, I will be overclocking it, and I'll hopefully be running some nice Original Samsung PC2700 with it.

I eagerly await your comments!

Why not go epox!!! its the best i reckon!! 8k3a+ with raid for less then a 100 us i think

How bout the Abit AT7E, its like the AT7 except no raid or firewire, but it does have 5.1 sound. Its $120 US so i think that makes it around the same price as the A7V333 RAID, although if you do need the raid the AT7 is a good bit more expensive. Otherwise the Epox 8K3A+ is a good choice at a low price with onboard sound. You could get the Abit KX7-333R and an SB Live 5.1 card, they are only $31 US so it wouldnt cost you much more than the Asus A7V333 Raid with way better sound.

Back