• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

would this require more voltage?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Emericana

made a pc for my friend and he is more concerned about lack of noise than overclockin but he said he wants to do it a little. i gave him my unlocked 1900+ for a cpu and he bought a AX7 and a 40cfm Sunon (man oh man these are much quieter than my 50cfm one). His temps at 1.75v load are 46C. Because of this it does not leave us much room for overclocking so we can not raise the core voltage at all because of overheating fear.

quick question. will you need to raise the core voltage if you do 10.0x166? This will turn his 1900+ into a 2000+. All i know is that you dont need to bump the voltage to do 12x138 which is the same speed (but less bandwith).

voltage

Voltage is sort of add-as-necessary. You may even be able to undervolt in some cases, although the CPU's stepping seems to have a big impact on its hunger for voltage.

Back