• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1,000 fans out there, which one to choose?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Skynight

Registered
Hello,

I just ordered my $1900 build with parts such as X61 kraken, noctis 450 case, gtx 980 ti, g2 evga PSU, etc, etc, etc...

I'm stuck on fans! There's 100000 fans out there!

No budget constraint, definitely don't want a leaf blower either preferably with LEDs.

Any suggestions?

Need 3x120mm, 1x140mm for AF and 2x140mm for SP.

I'm currently thinking about 3x120mm in the front AF for intake or could be 2x140mm which is better?? 1x140mm in the back for exhaust and 2x140mm SP(Kraken radiator) for exhaust).

Whatcha think?

Noctua iPPC 2000RPM PWM models for each of your options. So, 3x120mm and 3x140mm in that.
Use a Swiftech 8-Way PWM Splitter to control all the fans off of the CPU Fan header signal to keep everything quiet :)

Thanks for specifying PWM, just realized PWM is not available in all case fans!

No problem!

Those fans are not cheap, but they have a pleasing noise profile and low dBa.
Airflow and static pressure are also very good with them.

I personally run them in both my Hadron Air (main rig) and my server.

Not seeing any real data in that Reddit link, is there any?
Hi!

No there isnt, but I didnt say there was 'real data'.

I guess you are looking for statistical data.

Simply used the search terms 'gentle typhoon vs noctua ippc" (Google)

There you can find statistical data,

But with regards to fans etc statistical data does not really show the full picture, hence the reason I posted that I was happy with my GT and in the manner I was running them.

Cheers

:)

Noctua iPPC 2000RPM PWM models for each of your options. So, 3x120mm and 3x140mm in that.
Use a Swiftech 8-Way PWM Splitter to control all the fans off of the CPU Fan header signal to keep everything quiet :)

+1 I have the 3000's as the price difference was only a few bucks.

+1 vote for the noctua industrial fans. they can go WAY down in speed easily. i think mine can go down to 300rpm and as high as 2000rpm with low power usage and high torque with super reliability. they're the ultimate fan imo. the only drawback i can think of is the price but if you don't care then go for it. most people wouldn't spend $180 on fans but if you can afford it i think you'll be glad you did.

Back