• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 more till 150!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EyelessFace

Title says it all... I think I need a :beer: :beer:

On another note, I think I may have discovered a S@H slowdown (at least for me): MBM 5. I do not know if it is due to the fresh install of Win2k I now have or if it is due to MBM 5, but at stock, I noticed my WU crunched 3.5%/hour faster without MBM 5 on. I'm going to download the benchmark WU and try it out... Ill post the results here later.

First congratulations on reaching your first milestone! I believe that is the first cert level so enjoy your official cert when that last unit is uploaded! :)

MBM might well slow down seti if it is polling for your system stats alot. Running the test will show for sure.

Cy

Congrats on the good work keep it up. And be sure to post your results on mbm5. I for one would like to hear.

Congrats on 150 :D

I don't know exactly how much mbm slows things down- but it does.
Everything running does. For competitive benches I turn off everything that is not vital- services, video resolution etc.
My rough comparison on my fastest rig is between 5 and 10 minutes slower for normal operation.

It took 1 minute, 4 seconds longer to complete the WU with MBM running. Settings on MBM were to update every 3 seconds, with a tray icon displaying CPU usage and temp. Not the 3.5% more (maybe it depends on the WU) I had originally stated, but still nonetheless, slower with it on.

The system is:

MSI K7T Turbo2
AMD Athlon TBird 1.33 GHz @ 1.5 GHz (10x150, core voltage 1.825)
512 MB generic ram (two sticks)
MBM 5.2.0.0 (used only during the with MBM test)

Hope this helps a little.

EDIT: I have the result.sah files if anyone wants them.

Here are the results:

Last edited:
Back