• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1002 and 1001 Brother BrLog

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rumbl3

Well this is aggervating me to death lately. I'm not sure if it actually hurts anything or not. But don't help when i'm trying to bump my oc higher lol.

Anyway In my event viewer i keep getting every say 15 seconds to minute 1002 warning and 1001 error.

Now this is a wireless brother printer MFC-495CW LAN. I've turned the printer programs off etc. I turned off the printer. When its on off programs running it dont matter. I can even print to it fine. But for some reason this crap keeps going and going and going.

In my process explorer their is no Brother Brlog i can't find this running anywhere. Any clues?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: Brother BrLog
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1002
Date: 4/23/2010
Time: 7:58:00 PM
User: N/A
Computer: RICE-17BD6A80D0
Description:
STI BrtSTI: [2010/04/23 19:58:00.359]: [00001760]: GetAddressByName: gethostbyname[BRW0C607678EF20] Error[11001]

Event Type: Error
Event Source: Brother BrLog
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1001
Date: 4/23/2010
Time: 7:58:00 PM
User: N/A
Computer: RICE-17BD6A80D0
Description:
STI BrtSTI: [2010/04/23 19:58:00.359]: [00001760]: GetDeviceIpAddress: GetAddressByName [BRW0C607678EF20] Error

Error STI Brt STI

This repeating error I thought was related to a brother printer. I found that the error was related to Windows image acquisition. I found it in services running as Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) Service . Once I stop the service the error was gone. Now I need to figure out just what program or why it fails to work properly. Hope this helps some, maybe somebody else can help clear up the rest of this issue.

Seems to be a virus, found a program containing it and now it seems it can't be removed.
Code:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Brother\BrLog\BrCollectDir\ Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Brother\BrLog\BrDbgOut.INI Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Brother\BrLog\BrtINS32.log Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Brother\BrLog\BrtINST.log Locked file. Not tested.
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Brother\BrLog\BrtINSTL.log Locked file. Not tested.
Did you run HijackThis, if not run it and post the log here.

Brlog error

In talking to Brother they found that in the registry under locaol machine,software,brother,brutilities, delete the brutilities folder. Problem solved.

Removing the registry folder HKLM\Software\Brother\BrUtilities cleared up my event id 1002 Warnings. Thanks Chaindog.

Here in the future we do NOT have a brutilities folder in the registry but I am still getting clusters of 3 or 4 of these Event 1001 Brother BrLog errors consistently popping up in event viewer

Attachments

• event 1001 brother brlog errors.jpg
    event 1001 brother brlog errors.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 2,404
Back