• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

128Gb ram on one stick.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pierre3400

annnnnnd it's gone
Back when I got into computers, having 128mb of ram was on the low end, but having 2x 128mb was considered enough.

Today I have 16gb, and I feel like its on the pointless end of things, which im sure many will agree with.

But now, Hynix have made the first stick of DDR4 ram with 128Gb on one stick.

The price will be astronomical but i am already saving up for a new rig with DDR4 :D

http://www.techpowerup.com/199648/s...l&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

It is server ram though. So that probably means it is buffered and wont be compatible with the daily average users type motherboards. Unless they plan to make everything the same, but I doubt that.

I am not sure what densities the desktop will come in but I imagine less than that... still a ton.

Early DDR4 is going to be around 1.2v 2133Mhz... outside of lower voltage...its not worth anything else really.

I could see 16GB rams more available for the average consumer/desktop models... higher then that would be rather useless at this current age of software using that much ram. Or we ll just see the same density, with faster frequency and lower voltages like above.

Back