• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1700+ breaking 2Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DogfooD

Registered
I got a hair up my buttocks. I want to break 2 gigs with my 1700+. I'm not sure of my stepping because I'm at work posting this, but this is what I have so far.
145x12.0 = 1740 MHz

I've gotten it to post @ 150x12 (1800 mhz) but every time I'd open anything such as an explorer page, I'd get a "this program is causing errors and will be shut down in Windows XP.

Sooo, does O/Cing screw with system waitstates or something? After making large changes, is it required to reinstall the OS?

I have a watercooled PC and I'm still only running about 87F under a full load, So I still think I can push it farther, I'd love to hit 2 gigz with my 1.46666 chip.

Oh yeah, the L1 is bridged, so the chip is unlocked.

Run this proggy on your machine and it will say what kind of chip you got, palomino/tbredA/tbredB. If you have a Palomino then you're propably out of luck, if its a TbredA, you might be able to make it with enough volts.
If its a TbredB then it should make it to 2GHz rather easily... what are the temps you are getting.

*EDIT:* Sorry forgot the link *DOH!*
well its late at night here...

Last edited:
the jiuhb will slam right past 2ghz, the jiucb proc took a little more work and 1.95 volts for me to do it. but i have moved on to a aiuhb0307 and im runnin at 2340 right now. my tbreda was an rirda which would only do 1.92ghz stable with 1.95 and a load temp or 47c

The difference between JIUCB and JIUHB is amazing. I was able to increase my FSB beyond sane levels for PC2700 and gain almost 200mhz total speed. This in a chip rated slower than the one i replaced it with.

In addition I was able reverse male pattern baldness, drop my cholesterol by 20 points and lowered my blood pressure. Amazing!!

WOW! That program is cool! Now I just have to figure out what some of this stuff is, LOL.

XP (Palomeno)

I'm going to have to admit, I'm rather dumb when it comes to this level of processor knowledge.

CPU ID Information
Family 6 Model 6 Stepping 2
Extended
Family 7 Model 6 Stepping 2

Using a MSI K7T 266 Pro2
2 x 256 Meg DDR 2100

I really don't want to take the waterblock off ATM unless I absolutely have to. How do I translate the above information to the codes that are being referred to on this sight? JIUCB, JIUHB, etc?
I read all 4 pages of that thread, and feel pretty dumb now, heh. I'm honored you took the time to even reply to my post The Coolest, you're definately a intelligent person.

SiSoft did report both steppings as (0) instead of 2 tho. I don't know enough to know what is right.

Under full load, I get 87F or about 30C on my temps using a temperature probe mounted in my heatsink.

looks like you have a palamino, older than the tbred a and tbred b, it almost certainly wont hit 2ghz. to find the letters like jiucb or aiuhb you have to pull the sink off as its written on the core itself on the palamino and just below the core on a black tag on tbreds( which is how you tell them apart, also tbred core is a rectangle while pally is more square). as long as you nont corrupt anything while ocing you dont have to reinstall, but as your mobo is older and it looks like you lack a 1/5 divisor(for pci/agp speeds in relation to fsb) you cant go much past 150ish without risking your hdd and pci cards. sorry to say but to do any serious ocing, you need a new chip/board/ram

No worries, I've been looking to upgrade to something new anyhow just out of bordom. Don't know if I want to pay the huge pricetag on the bartons when they arrive. Plus the board gets checksum errors booting occasionally. I'm sick of having to set everything again, even though it takes me about 30 seconds because I have it down :p

Back