• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

180GB SSD for $107.49 OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-180G ; Also available...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

c627627

c(n*199780) Senior Member
[Edit: now $99.99] 180GB SSD for $107.49 OCZ Agility 3 AGT3-25SAT3-180G

Sep 1, 2012 EXPIRED!

EDIT August 26, 2012: now $99.99 without rebates or coupons!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007BNE7MQ...BNE7MQ&adid=0AEQF3QM9610M7KQ5RM0&&ref-refURL=

OLD Original post from July 2012:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227789
Expired. Last day for this deal was July 17, 2012.

Everything is AC/AR [After coupon / After rebate]. Today is the first day 180GB SSD drives became affordable. This means that by the end of the year these things will be coming down in price heavy. Larger SSDs for less.

I was shooting to go from 60GB to 120GB to make room for Windows 8 but for $107, they got me sold to go to 180GB.

15% off promo code is HARDOCPX711A

Also available
Items below not available any more either.

for $35 as a Shell Shocker Deal: Kingston HyperX T1 Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model KHX1600C9D3T1K2/8GX
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820104242

Also available for $9.99 ADATA 32GB Class 4 Micro SDHC with Adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820211535
[/s]

Last edited:
Holy Cow

My reaction to the SSD deal is as follows:

Attachments

• mind is blown.gif
    mind is blown.gif
    646.3 KB · Views: 256
15% off Promo Code expires tomorrow. Windows 8 RTM is first week of August, two weeks from now, I guess we will find out if anyone else will have a 180GB deal before then because why go 120GB when 180GB is at this price, and it's a SATA III drive.

I always wanted to know how things worked in EU.

What is the EU equivalent of newegg? Is it different in Germany, Spain etc.? Is there are multi-country super-store? Do you pay tax if ordering from different countries?

I always wanted to know how things worked in EU.

What is the EU equivalent of newegg? Is it different in Germany, Spain etc.? Is there are multi-country super-store? Do you pay tax if ordering from different countries?

EU equivalent of newegg? I guess there isn't a big superstore like newegg here in Spain. We could say Amazon, but, hey, you also have Amazon in that side of the pond. This would be the big multi-country super-store, I think.

In Spain, I think newegg's counterpart would be the way smaller "PCComponentes", as it is the most famous (and usually, with best prices, though since Amazon came to Spain, it is suffering from Amazon's better prices) e-tailer here in Spain. Notable mentions are "Traxtore", "ProSilentPC", and "CoolMod" though, excluding the last one, these are more focused on watercooling. ProSilentPC is even starting to develop their own products, I think. Alas, it's nothing comparable to EK's or Aquacomputer's, for example, production power.

Yes, it is different in Germany, Spain, and every single European country. Germany has a lot of nice stores, and they are way cheaper than in Spain, or that I've been told. For example, Caseking.de is a top-tier case/modding shop. And I think everyone knows about aquatuning.de. This one is a little bit more international, with (poorly translated) national mirrors (f.ex. aquatuning.es). Not sure if they have warehouses in every single country, since last time I ordered something from aquatuning.es, the parcel arrived from Deutschland. UK has its stores, too, but, alas, these are usually more expensive, so I am not as informed as I should be, I guess.

If the country is a member of the European Union, there is no tariff. If it is not, there may be some tariffs. My last international purchase was aqua-tuning's and I was not charged any tariff. I only had to pay the standard taxes, before the package was sent.

Thanks for explaining.

I knew that newer and larger SSD are faster than older and smaller SSDs. I just got this SSD delivered yesterday and measured more than 3 times better results with OCZ Agility 3 180GB SSD vs. old OCZ Agility 1 60GB SSD on exact same partition image and system.

Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme 1366 RT with 120mm Scythe S-Flex F fan
nVidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti PNY XLR8 1GB GDDR5 822MHz Core Clock
ASUS ATI Radeon HD 5450 [used for HDMI HD sound only]
OCZ Agility 3 180GB SSD
Asus Xonar DX sound card
Antec nine hundred case, two front 120mm fans, one back 120mm Fan, one top 200mm fan
Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W

I bought one in July, running great so far. I concluded that concernes abut percentages of these having problems are not outweighed by the fact that you get 180 GB of brand new SATA III under full waranty.

My main multi boot OS partitions are on it, I have drive images of my OS partitions anyway but no problems thus far. Why go 128 GB when you can have 180 GB for $99.

Last edited:
Vertex is "better than" Agility but that is with all things being equal.

I concluded that it wasn't better at the expense of 60GB of fast SSD space. Extra 60GB for what may be nothing but a marginal benchmark difference for some people.

Vertex is "better than" Agility but that is with all things being equal.

I concluded that it wasn't better at the expense of 60GB of fast SSD space. Extra 60GB for what may be nothing but a marginal benchmark difference for some people.

I agree, at those speeds both are more then enough for me, I was just wondering which may be the better as far reliability is concerned.

god dang! 180gb vertex 3 for 100 bucks!

to think i bought my 120gb adata s510 (same exact makeup as a vertex 3, async nand ) for 105 back 4 months ago!!!

if i needed more space / another ssd id be ALLLL over this!

Back