• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

#2 3Dmark 2001SE on SB

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

cold.nut

Hey guys I am just keeping an eye out for those sick scores that "all" must see :p! Vivi over on XtremeSystems has come out from hibernation from the Gulftown era and is now seeking revenge with Sandy Bridge! He has started out strong to say the least..

Check this out! It is insanely cool :thup:

I have a feeling it is only the start for that system! It has a Golden Cup in store for it no doubt!

Pretty impressive, I wouldn't think that GTX275s would be that good at 01.

Thats awesome. I love that 01 is back with SB.

Pretty impressive, I wouldn't think that GTX275s would be that good at 01.

275 lightning is one of the best cards for 01 ever.

I've got 2 reference 275's. They're tough to mod but I'm going to have to try it eventually.

The stock 275's are nothing close to the lightnings. The reason only like 200 or so 275 lightnings hit the market is because the cores on those things are all hella binned. They also upgraded the memory and a TON of other stuff on top of the regular lightning upgrades (mod switches, power phase upgrades, etc)

The stock 275's are nothing close to the lightnings. The reason only like 200 or so 275 lightnings hit the market is because the cores on those things are all hella binned. They also upgraded the memory and a TON of other stuff on top of the regular lightning upgrades (mod switches, power phase upgrades, etc)

this is true! :clap: the gtx 275 lightning is hands down the best for 01. pre-lightning the gtx 275 and 4890 were a tough competitor. no doubt the lightning takes the cake though..

a stock 275 doesn't really come close to a 4890...specially cause the 4890 needs no mods at all to max the card.

^^^ What he said. The only time most of the 2xx cards are good is if they are modded. I can't remember which one(s) (280/285) had voltage control via SW. But since the 4890's did for sure, they are hawt in 01.

285 did for sure, pretty sure the 280 did as well...there were also die shrinks on the 280, and one is much better than the other iirc (wanna say 65nm is the better one, someone correct me if i'm wrong)

I need a stronger SB but I'm still gonna do some damage on 01 soon as I get an xp drive set up.

285 did for sure, pretty sure the 280 did as well...there were also die shrinks on the 280, and one is much better than the other iirc (wanna say 65nm is the better one, someone correct me if i'm wrong)

I could have sworn the 280 Die shrink was the 285. :shrug: I think you're thinking of the 260 192sp vs. 260 216sp?

Either way, the 285 is a very nice 01 card. Vince was showing off his 01 skills with a single 285 and a 56 (or 57) x SB. :drool:

I could have sworn the 280 Die shrink was the 285. :shrug: I think you're thinking of the 260 192sp vs. 260 216sp?

Either way, the 285 is a very nice 01 card. Vince was showing off his 01 skills with a single 285 and a 56 (or 57) x SB. :drool:

55nm was 275/285 iirc...and those are the beasts for 01. ;)

Yep, and those are also the ones without software voltage control. None of the 55nm chips did, GTX260 216 55nm, GTX275, and GTX285 all need hardmods.

Yup, now I remember lol.

i would like myself a Sandy Bridge setup! damn it would be nice! maybe at the end of summer..? :shrug:

I highly suggest it. Once I sell my RC car and actually get a solid 2600k, I'll have a setup that actually score some mad gpu boints.

I highly suggest it. Once I sell my RC car and actually get a solid 2600k, I'll have a setup that actually score some mad gpu boints.

i just need a job! i'm not willing to work though :rofl:! i have too much going on to have to worry about a job..

Back