• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2 x 770 Just Arrived

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm running a single display @ 2560x1440 (Asus PB278Q)

Yeah, buying another card is overkill atm for one screen on a 780.

Edit: Found the benchmark charts of the 780 OC'd (Windforce) beating the stock titan but not by much. - Benchmarks - For gamers a 780 is the way to go unless you need the Vram and the use of Double Precision which is disabled on the 780.

Last edited:
@GTXJackBauer -
Yeah, I'm going to OC it. This is my first real gaming rig (other than a couple of Alienware gaming laptops I've owned) and my first attempt at OC and WC. So far, I'm enjoying the heck out of this experience. I've spent TONS of time researching and I've learned an awful lot.

Right now, I'm not running surround, but I plan on it. I'm building this machine from scratch and parts are going to trickle in as I get the money. So far, I've got the mobo, CPU, PSU, Blu Ray drive, GTX 780 and RAM ordered.

Nice cards!! I'm just starting to order some parts to build my PC and I ordered the same graphics card as you! (only 1) How is the noise on them? Can you tell me max load temps? Thank you!!

Nice cards!! I'm just starting to order some parts to build my PC and I ordered the same graphics card as you! (only 1) How is the noise on them? Can you tell me max load temps? Thank you!!

In general it's a very quiet card because of the three low RPM fans. I think normal load temperature is around 55-69C, which all depends on your setup and ambient temperature.

Cards are very silent and run cool. I've installed precision X (I had an account @ EVGA from my previous cards) and it works great.

Idle temps
32 top fan %41
30 bottom fan %40
I don't hear them at all.

Full Load temps
79 top fan %80
79 bot fan %75
Noise goes up, but I guess it's still normal for air cooled cards.

If I set 100% fan speed, the sound is like a small hair dryer.

I haven't installed mine yet. I've (so far) received the mobo, CPU, PSU, GTX 780, Blu Ray writer and RAM. It'll be a bit before I can get the HDDs and case and then next month before I can get the WC stuff.

I plan on putting everything on my test bench and running it for a while so I can make sure I don't have DOA parts or failures (or driver issues).

Back