• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

20-30% hashrate increase for GDDR5X cards 50+ MH 1080ti!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gsrcrxsi

EVGA 1080ti SC2
before ETHlargement: -400core/+1000mem = 39.7 MH/s
after ETHlargement: -400core/+750mem = 54.2 MH/s (+1000 didn't seem to matter anymore, only a tiny speed boost)

MSI 1080ti Gaming X
before ETHlargement: -400core/+750mem = 37.8 MH/s
after ETHlargement: -400core/+750mem = 48.2 MH/s

see here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3370685.0

How to:
start your miner
start ETHlargement program and let it run in the background
thats it

basically what this does is inject tighter timings to your nvidia GDDR5X cards to take advantage of the better memory. no BIOS flash required. Finally 1080tis and 1080s can live up to their name.

what the....

Guess still equals out to be similar to Zec for me right now. If this was around when I started that would of been sweet!
I'll try it with my equihash miner but I doubt I'll see improvements from the information people are saying.

Though curious if it improves on gaming running this.

Last edited:
yeah equihash isnt as dependent on RAM as ETH/XMR, so you wont see much gain there. but this is amazing for 1080/1080ti owners on ETH. not being able to mod the bios timings was their biggest issue with the memory intensive algorithms.

P104 and P102 mining cards got these kinds of hashrates because they shipped with the same kinds of memory mods already in their bios. bringing the gaming cards to the same level with a soft mod like and ever falling GPU prices on used market this almost makes the mining cards not even worth it anymore (even if you could get them)

..................!

Stock Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti OC: around 32 MH/s before, 44.5 MH/s after!

I got before and after GPU-z stats. Interesting parts are before 75% TDP, after 86%. Memory load 75% before, 100% after. So 15% power increase, for 39% more hashrate. I might try some ram OC on top later, and drop core. Temps went up from 65C to 69C, with a slight drop in core from 1923 to 1911, presumably from the extra heat. Makes me wonder, if this will help with applications other than eth mining? Gaming? Other compute tasks?

what core/mem offsets are you running? and what power limit do you have set?

ETH isnt terribly power sensitive. i think im running my 1080tis at like 75% power limit with -400 core offset. doesnt affect the hashrate negatively. but uses less power.

- - - Updated - - -

probably wont help with anything that doesnt care about memory speed.

I'm running factory OC. Gotta game in a bit, actually I'll throw a bench on it quickly. Suppose that's the question, what tasks are sensitive to vram, and could they also benefit?

I reposted on another forum. One person is claiming it is starting to get flagged by anti-virus, but even if so I have to wonder if it is more a false positive to give themselves perceived value. I'll keep monitoring but the thread in OP doesn't seem to have reported anything. I'm getting the expected uplift at the pool so it is doing what it claims. Probably just some salty anit-miner trying to spread FUD.

nearly every mining software ever flags for false positive. add it to the exclusions list and itll stop flagging.

if you're truly worried just dont run it on any system that has anything important on it. my systems are just mining machines so they are pretty bare and i could care less if they get a virus. i'll just reimage it.

im not worried about this though

I've encountered false positives before, but as this is relatively new and unknown, let's just say it isn't as widely community tested as for example Claymore miners. Looks like it has been around for a few days from that thread date. Thing is, my 1080Ti is in my main rig so arguably there is a higher risk there than a pure miner. I've got backups so data loss isn't a major worry, but info leakage is.

I'm still more curious if there are other scenarios where it will help.

the thread is new, but the developers are not. they have a lot of technical know how and have been creating custom bios mods and mining software (usually for private sale).

I trust them.

Fair enough. As something of a minor interest on the side, I'm not familiar with who's who.

Just started tinkering with optimising that 1080Ti. At +150 on mem in MSI Afterburner, 1288 in GPU-z, I'm getting peaks of 48 MH/s. If I go to +200 for 1300, it crashes right down. I guess I'm crossing some kinda boundary and it doesn't like it... still dropping power limit, at 65% with no impact to reported hashrate. At 60% it seems to fluctuate more, still hitting 47+ but more often reporting in 45-46. Guess I'll settle on 65% then.

bump it to 80% and try +500 on the mem and -300 on the core.

youre not forcing P0 state manually somehow are you? the card should be able to do 1375MHz mem as thats stock speeds... +500 at P1 state is the same 1375MHz mem

Last edited:
I hadn't spotted that on the ram clocks! I've literally done nothing other than load MSI Afterburner and started fiddling with the sliders. I'll give it another go shortly.

Edit: I tried the suggested PL 80%, +500 mem, -300 core, and it was around 51 MH/s. In further playing, I'm finding PL 65%, +600 mem, 0 core, to give me peaks of 52 MH/s at lower power so testing that now. I also tried mem +700 but that reduced the reported rate.

Last edited:
All I get when I run it is some digital "snow" on the screen like I've OC'd the memory too hard and then the system locks and reboots when I try to mine. This is with all card settings reverted to default and two 1080 cards.

I guess I'll have to try the RevA switch for at least the display card and see what happens.

Ok, looks like my +600 wasn't quite stable. It ran continuously mining while I was at work, but when I tried to do stuff on the PC it caused a driver reset.

All I get when I run it is some digital "snow" on the screen like I've OC'd the memory too hard and then the system locks and reboots when I try to mine. This is with all card settings reverted to default and two 1080 cards.

I guess I'll have to try the RevA switch for at least the display card and see what happens.

yeah luckily both of my cards ran it fine out of the box and i didnt have to fiddle with the revA flags.

capture105.jpg

Works well with the SC2's and reference cards I have these are the ones in my gaming rig. Pool reflects the same hashrate (using nicehash for this testing you don't get to know the cool coins I mine mwhahahaha) Been playing with the dual mining on these, they can do more, but holy smokes it likes the power this is at dcri 75 and 80% core TDP and pulls 200-215w.

I saw zero improvement over stock using the RevA flag. Unfortunate. I wonder if it has anything to do with running it on an almost ancient P45 platform.

Back