• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2021 New PC monitors from Asus

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ajy0903

So, now they have announced the 2021 new PC monitors from Asus.

1. Asus PG32UQ:
- 32” 4K 144Hz IPS HDR600 HDMI 2.1 90% DCI-P3 | Q1 2021
^ This means it won't be in mini-LED FALD and no G-SYNC Ultimate?

Now let's compare that to PC monitors that are announced 2020
1. ASUS PG32UQX
- 32” 4K 144Hz IPS 1152-zone mini-LED FALD, DisplayHDR 1400, G-SYNC Ultimate | N/A
^ This means it won't be having HDMI 2.1?

2. ASUS PG27UQX
- 27” 4K 144Hz IPS 576-zone mini-LED FALD, DisplayHDR 1000, G-SYNC Ultimate | N/A
^ This means it won't be having HDMI 2.1?

Sweet. I need want a 4k 144hz monitor to replace my ancient early adopter Samsung Ud590d.

But no fans in the monitor Q_q

blah, all that stuff is pointless. 144 hz 4k gaming. get out of here. maybe with a 4090Ti on LN2 whenever it comes out.

Anyway, what we really need are more OLED panels. OLED is a freaking breakthrough technology. It's like when we went from CRT to LCD. Current IPS and VA panels are CRT monitors compared to OLED. OLED is exploding in the TV and cell phone markets, but not at all in computers which is BS. They need some legit OLED 4k monitors out there. Once you see an OLED monitor up close, you'll think even the best LCD monitor is trash comparatively.

blah, all that stuff is pointless. 144 hz 4k gaming. get out of here. maybe with a 4090Ti on LN2 whenever it comes out.

Anyway, what we really need are more OLED panels. OLED is a freaking breakthrough technology. It's like when we went from CRT to LCD. Current IPS and VA panels are CRT monitors compared to OLED. OLED is exploding in the TV and cell phone markets, but not at all in computers which is BS. They need some legit OLED 4k monitors out there. Once you see an OLED monitor up close, you'll think even the best LCD monitor is trash comparatively.

Unless they fix OLED problem, I don't think I would ever use it.

Back