• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

226w pelt w/ a 2500+

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

creepy

What kind of temps should i expect to get using a 226w pelt on a 2500+. Or pretty much any cpu at that.

probably 10c below ambient at best. The baron cores when overvolted and overclocked really pump out alot of heat. A thoroughbred core would probably be best to use with a pelt because of the lowered heat output and lower voltage required to reach similar speeds.

So id probably be better off sticking w/ a 2000+ > a 2500+ baron if i want some low temps when it comes to o/c although i dont think ill be able to push my 2000+ that high. Right now its at 2088mhz and if i go any higher i start getting random restarts although i already do but thena gain i think it might be because of my psu.

if your 2000 craps out that low then your better off using a barton. Do you get higher on the barton thatn on the 2000. you mentioned power supply what brand and power rating?

my temps are 25c running seti all day long sometimes 30c thats at 2.1 vcore (see sig)

when i went to a barton my temps went down because of the larger die size ...

i think you will be lucky anyway to get more than 2500mhz on a barton anyway (stable)!! and at that you wont be pushing that much v core through it

andy

snvpa said:
if your 2000 craps out that low then your better off using a barton. Do you get higher on the barton thatn on the 2000. you mentioned power supply what brand and power rating?

500w powmax psu....as for a mobile barton....im guessing that would work on a motherboard made for an xp and i wouldnt need a mobile mobo.

your correct assuming a mobile barton will work. I'd reccomend replacing that psu as soon as possible though. There are known to be Kapowmax's. I had one catch on fire bout a year ago.

Yea the powmaxes are pretty goofy. This is the 2nd one iv had (not that i wanted to get a 2nd) but i plugged in the first one i had and after it ran for a good 20 seconds it made a flash inside and stopped working then smelled like some good burned crap. Im guessing it just burned up or something only reason i got another was becasue it was free.

Back