• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2500+ wont go past 200fsb

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nullvalue

Registered
Abit NF7-S rev2
512mb DDR400 Geil Ultra 6-3-3-2
2500+ Locked Running at 3200+ @ 1.825v 32C- 37C
SLK 900 w/ pcToys 80mm Tornado Fan
Case temp stays around 22 - 25

It seems no matter what I do I can't get this thing to boot into windows without restarting at anything past 200. It will post but thats it. And thats when i bumped the cpu to 1.875, vdimm to 2.7, and the chipset up by .1. I also set the mem timings at11-4-4-2.5 before it would even post. But it always reboots before I can't get into windows. Im a newb at ocing so I prolly don't have everything setup right in the bios. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Any questions about the rig lemme know ill be on all night prolly.

its not that your a noob, some bartons just wont do past 200 fsb, mine sure wont even when i adjust it all to the voltages and timings as youve tried, just wont.

cpu / ram ratio = 6/6

cpu interface = enabled

vcore and vdimm set to the voltage seem u want?
vdd or chipset maybe 1.6 will do cos nf2 are suppose to run 200fsb

rar!!! *kicks comp*
looks like im going to be ordering a 2500+ M soon enough
I have another rig that Iv got with this exact same setup stable at 2.5ghz and this one is just being a pain. Maybe if i just crank the voltage to the cpu all the way up and watch the fireworks ;)

Nullvalue said:
rar!!! *kicks comp*
looks like im going to be ordering a 2500+ M soon enough
I have another rig that Iv got with this exact same setup stable at 2.5ghz and this one is just being a pain. Maybe if i just crank the voltage to the cpu all the way up and watch the fireworks ;)

i was thinking the same thing till i lost my job

so there is really nothing at all i can try to change in the bios to get this thing a tad higher???? im soooo close to getting 20k in 3dmark01 on this system

Well thats the thing i really am a newb I have no idea what to touch in there. What should be on off i dunno haha. Iv just been lucky up till now. Heck every vid card iv ever owned iv fried tried to voltmod...... so um yea im not touching my 9800pro or my nf7-s for any physical mods.

try uping Vcore, dif muilt' if you can, memory timing's

i know ho it is with something limiting you, my memory is limiting me

other that that im pertty stuck on what to do

Good luck with it

Well after a bit of "tinkering" i booted at 205 0.o and prime is running now. It won't go over that and I am now tempted to raise the voltages and try a in windows oc'ing program, has anyone had any luck with this sort of an approach?

to me 200fsb or 205fsb meh, i know its 100mhz, but not worth the high vcore id have to do, right now i get 200 fsb off of stock vcore, prim95 stable for 7 hours too.

I think my cpu is just nerfed. I have heard of some great oc's done with the mobile chips and hope to order a 2500+ m this weekend? Is it really as nice as people are saying??

rma the ones that wont do over 200fsb cuz they are faulty!!! ROFL

"this is amd customer service how can i help you?"
"i have a faulty chip i need to rma"
"how do you know its faulty?"
"my 333mhz fsb chip wont do 420fsb"

Well im not the type that will rma anything if I broke it. If I pump to much voltage to my cpu and it dies so be it my fault ill bite the bullet and buy a new one, same for any other component, and I dispise people that kill stuff overclocking and rma it because of there failure. Thats just me tho since it seems so many people do it. I work at best buy btw so i know how this stuff goes.

Back