• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2600+ MPMW ROCKS! 2.7Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
glock19owner said:

Heres the thing though..you can be prime stable and still crash on 3d apps...I have had systems that ran prime95, folding, cpu burn in...all of them 100% stable...but as soon as 3d marks loads or a heavy 3d game...system would crash...

So you cant really say..."if you are prime stable for xxx amount of time that would be 100% stable"...you really are not 100% stable until you can do both...heavy calucations and 3d apps...

One of the best ways to test for stability is...run folding in the background...or prime95...and play a heavy 3d game or run 3d marks in a loop of 10+...if your system can handle both...then it is 100% stable...

Key thing to remember...Prime95 mainly uses memory...3d apps is CPU/CPU intense...

exacly what I was saying. glad someone else isnt brainwashed by this robotic theme of "must be prime95 stable, if not, I will kill myself".

I think you should actually use a couple of apps to determine stability. But running ut2004 for one hour is in no way fully testing for stability.
The method i use is prime95(on blended) for 24hrs, then memtest86 for 12-24hrs then 3dmark01 on loop for 12 hrs. As i have seen people pass prime95 for 24 hrs but then fail 3dmark01 on loop. The point is everyone has differnt methods for testing for stability. So it is hard to compare if my computer is more stable over yours. I just think it is good to keep an open mind instead of mocking people and saying my way is the best way attitude. It is hurting your overclocking expierence and is not helpful to others in this forum. Most members agree that you should a least use prime95 for 24 hrs. But like i said do it however you want but i just do not think running one game for 1 hour is really testing for stability.

Anyone elses input would be helpful

Keep clockin

Gogeta_G3D said:

exacly what I was saying. glad someone else isnt brainwashed by this robotic theme of "must be prime95 stable, if not, I will kill myself".

Prime95 or not 1 hour of ut2004 is in no way stable and you should keep your mind open to other suggestions instead of thinking your way or no way.

Keep clockin

Last edited:
jkb2198 said:
I think you should actually use a couple of apps to determine stability. But running ut2004 for one hour is in no way fully testing for stability.
The method i use is prime95(on blended) for 24hrs, then memtest86 for 12-24hrs then 3dmark01 on loop for 12 hrs. As i have seen people pass prime95 for 24 hrs but then fail 3dmark01 on loop. The point is everyone has differnt methods for testing for stability. So it is hard to compare if my computer is more stable over yours. I just think it is good to keep an open mind instead of mocking people and saying my way is the best way attitude. It is hurting your overclocking expierence and is not helpful to others in this forum. Most members agree that you should a least use prime95 for 24 hrs. But like i said do it however you want but i just do not think running one game for 1 hour is really testing for stability.

Anyone elses input would be helpful

Keep clockin

its stable, what can i say. I looped 3dmark01 overnight and it was still running when i woke up this afternoon...much better test of real-world condition than prime95, not as good at UT, but better than prime. I know its hard for people like you to change their ways, but you must try. Again, i quote myself

"I dont care to know if my CPU can or cant process a silly non-real world app like prime95. "

I think it more than likely can, but dont feel like wasting my time on a "silly non-real world app like prime95".

again, in the interest of not wasting the space of this forum, im unsubscribing from this, my own thread. dont bother replying, i wont see it.

Nice oc there. :cool:

Would it be possible for you to post a link to your 3Dmark score @ 2700mhz. I'd like to see what kinda score you got @ 2700mhz.
Must be pretty good.

I noticed you have an NF7. It may not really be undervolting. Have you tested the board with a DMM?
Software readings say my NF7 is undervolting but when tested with a DMM while under load, vcore is not undervolting or fluctuating at all.

How about when you say what your clocking at say what you've tested that on for stability... !!! And stop arguing over whats stable and whats not! Jessussss...
If the dude clocking the CPU is ok with the stableness, itsn't that good enough?

Back