• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2K and EA football games: 360=60fps PS3=30fps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
tenchi86 said:
Well after watching some more E3 coverage it seems that Madden 09 will use the PS3 as the lead platform in an attempt to level the two games out a bit. If that did happen then time scale wise it would be about the same as the Xbox360 as it was running in 30FPS up until 08, and looking at games like Killzone or Ratchet and Clank I really don't see why the frame rates wouldn't be able to reach 60.

Jack Tretton is the one who actually said it, but when questioned an EA head said this:

So I guess we will see how this all turns out.

And you believe anything that comes out of Tretton's gaping piehole? Is sure as hell wouldn't

Yes, actually. Also the EA man pretty much confirmed it.

1. Is there a delay with the PS3 version of NCAA 08?

2. Does the PS3 version run at 30 fps unlike its rivalXBOX 360 that runs at Madd60 fps.

A1. Ther is no delay, he expects PS3 copies to be delivered in full. He did say earlier that the PS3 may not get to smaller retail stores, but then backed away from that statement and issuing that the PS3 will be sold on time.

A2. The PS3 version of NCAA 08 will be at 30 fps. Although this is a big blow, the Madden Version of PS3 will run at 60 fps.
http://gamers-creed.com/Gaming/PS3/23.html

Just one more thing to throw into the debate.

i wouldnt exactly compare system performance between consoles on an ea game..just saying, nor would i call it a game to covet, the ps3 has plenty of good titles coming and unlike the wii, we'll actually see them.

PYROMANIAC said:
i wouldnt exactly compare system performance between consoles on an ea game..just saying, nor would i call it a game to covet, the ps3 has plenty of good titles coming and unlike the wii, we'll actually see them.

Nice cheap jab at the Wii, which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

The Wii has quite a few titles on the way, including Metroid Prime 3 and Super Mario Galaxy. Nintendo's upcoming lineup has quite a few people excited.

deception``

Not to sure how it would effect a football game. 30 fps is more then enough to not notice see any stutter at all.
Now with lets say a racing game, the difference between 30fps and 60fps is actually a big deal. You get a much greater sense of speed (well I'm not sure if you actually do, but my eyes are tricked) at 60fps. Take forza2, which never drops below 60, for example

Back