• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2x PA160 enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
One thing you should investigate if you're that concerned about hard drive noise is to use elastic suspension on them. Look into the topic on SPCR if you are interested.

One thing you should investigate if you're that concerned about hard drive noise is to use elastic suspension on them. Look into the topic on SPCR if you are interested.

I did :) even linked to an article there in this thread hehe. Suspension doesn't take care of the seek noises though. By WCing the HDs, and wrapping in sound dampening foam, I can get the benefit of suspension and (hopefully) get rid of the seek noise as well. On top of that I save a little space and a fan.

best thing for noise is to move your computer to another room and route.extend cables through a hole in the wall. you can then go insane overclocking with loads of fans and water cooling and do your computing nice n mellow with no noise to drown out your mind,

works for me,:santa:

best thing for noise is to move your computer to another room and route.extend cables through a hole in the wall. you can then go insane overclocking with loads of fans and water cooling and do your computing nice n mellow with no noise to drown out your mind,

works for me,:santa:

or get a set of Logitech Z-5500's to compete, or rather obliterate, the sound of the computer, also to let your neighbours know what game your playing :)

Back