• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 new K7D Masters coming

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Softgod

Disabled
I have three new K7D Master mobos coming in next week and also one that I bought off of the forums here. My question is...

Should I look for some unlocked Bartons or some mobiles?

Has anyone been able to get the mobiles to work like they are suppose to in this board. I am not looking for extreem stuff just 2800+.

I'd say grab some unlocked bartons if you can.........Mobiles have issues with a K7D master. Not entirely positive this issue has been resolved, but I have read up on a lot of instabilities with mobiles & MSI's K7D Master. I have seen success stories though to.

Just grab some desktop bartons and mobilise them (along with my patched bios and bootfid disks which SHOULD be finished sometime soon ...). Incidentally, I think I've found a way to make PowerNow transitions work correctly when using the multiprocessor HAL in Windows XP. I haven't tried it out yet since I've lost my tube of AS3 so can't change back to my mobilised CPUs :|

True mobiles with a K7D is still very much a hit-and-miss affair, mostly miss though. I've got one shot-in-the-dark idea that might fix things if you've got the cash to blow on a couple mobiles (can't buy the things down here so can't test ...) but it's probably not going to be solved any time soon.

well chalk me up as one of the "success" stories then. I bought it from another website already modded and all so Im not sure what was done. But Im running dual 2500 mobile chips at 2.2ghz each. Ive seen plenty of others that have done so as well. I'll let someone else chime in to describe how they did it and what problems they ran into, but so far mine has been completely stable for over a month running 2x instances of F@H. Good luck.

Back