• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3C over ambient under load!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ewitte

Only pic I have is from leak testing.
wc.jpg

These temps are awsome. So far (still tweaking... mainly to be more quiet and complete though)

Ambient 36C
CPU Idle 34-36C (ambient must be off a little)
10 minutes "max heat" in prime95 39C
chipset (passive only) 45-46C idle
chipset 48C load

Eric

Senater_Cache said:
one, question, how did you read any of these temps?

BIOS and program that came with the MB. Both give the same results. I'm using one of the newer beta BIOS's. The original release showed 6-7C higher. It was actually giving me 59C under load with the old water cooling setup (cheap kit with 5/16" tubing). So even if its off its about 14C lower than before :)

Eric

itchy5 said:
yea i wanted to ask that too, and there is no way a 6002 will pull 3C delta T :bang head any way nice setup :beer:

I don't know what to say. Reguardless of the actual temperatures it really only changes 3-5C between idle and load. It was that way with the other BIOS except it was about 45idle/49load. The next revision mentioned fixing getting too high of readings. There is a good chance the system temp is reading too high. Especially since the CPU keeps wanting to read below ambient.

Eric

Last edited:
ewitte said:
I don't know what to say. Reguardless of the actual temperatures it really only changes 3-5C between idle and load. It was that way with the other BIOS except it was about 45idle/49load. The next revision mentioned fixing getting too high of readings. There is a good chance the system temp is reading too high. Especially since the CPU keeps wanting to read below ambient.

Eric

maybe it is 3 delta T :santa: im not positive, i just look at pH's protesting for ref. protesting

itchy5 said:
maybe it is 3 delta T :santa: im not positive, i just look at pH's protesting for ref. protesting

It seems to be getting pretty good flow. Thats a pretty good hc too. I'm going to want to go to bathroom all the time with the occasional sound of the water splashing back into the reservoir :p Its actually coming back in fast enough that I can see it bubble a little when I remove the fill cap.

Eric

epidemic said:
You realize ambient of 36C = almost 100 degrees F. Considering normal room temp is around 68F or 20C you must live in the sun.

It can get pretty close to 90F in this room during the day (when the AC is set to 80). Right now its reading 34C, but the room is probably closer to 80F. You must not live in South Texas ;)

Eric

Craptacualr said:
ambient is different than case temp... ;)

yeah..... when your MB or GPU reports the ambient temp on its software, its taking the Temp from another place in the case, sinse you have a water cooling setup, i would say.... put a thermometer in front of your radiator, and that'll be your most accurate temp for your ambient temperature, my ambient in my room is around 76, 77F, but my mobo and GPU always report to me that the ambient is around 34 - 36 C which is saying my room is around the high 80's low 90s, so the ambient the components are reporting are from in the case.

honhon said:
yeah..... when your MB or GPU reports the ambient temp on its software, its taking the Temp from another place in the case, sinse you have a water cooling setup, i would say.... put a thermometer in front of your radiator, and that'll be your most accurate temp for your ambient temperature, my ambient in my room is around 76, 77F, but my mobo and GPU always report to me that the ambient is around 34 - 36 C which is saying my room is around the high 80's low 90s, so the ambient the components are reporting are from in the case.

Ok. Tried something this morning. I taped the case sensor to my desk :) It frantically changes between 26 and 28C (AC set to 74F). So it probably maxes out around 30-32C during the day in that room (AC set to 80F). I'll verify that when I get home. I guess I'm looking at ~8-10C difference there after 12 hours or so of folding. Still not bad considering I was going over 50C with the old cooling :) Sandra reports that CPU as putting out 100W of heat (2.5Ghz clawhammer).

Eric

nice setup. as some have said, people refer to ambient as the temperature of the room. the system temp is what you are reading in the bios and calling ambient. so your delta is a bit higher than your title quotes.

jamesavery22 said:
you arent running straight water are you?

It has some Dtek anti corrosive thermal additive. I'm wanting to add something else to prevent algae. Not sure what to use. Might just bleed it and use antifreeze/water combo.

Eric

Back