• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4 in 1 drivers +Win2k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DocClock aka MadClocker

Ok, I am D'Ling Via's 4in1's and will I need to run this app after the OS install (Windows 2000 sp4) or run it during the "f6"moment, and should I run the 4n1's b4 or after I install the service pack?

My Capacitors are in and tomorrow is the day I get my KD7 Raid going, and I just want the OS install to go right the 1st time.

Another Q: does Win2k have most of the drivers in the cabs?
Thanks in advance for any and all replies,
Doc

No, you don't need to install the 4-in-1 drivers during textmode setup. More than that, I don't think you can install them then. You can install 'em at pretty much any time after Windows is installed, though I usually wait until after I've added any service packs before I go messing around too much with drivers.

The Highpoint RAID drivers do have to be done with F6, but that's only if you're running a RAID... if you've just got it set up as standard IDE, you probably don't need those drivers at all. (It's been a long time since I've messed with a Highpoint controller, so I don't remember for sure.)

Windows 2000 will recognize some of the hardware out of the box with its generic drivers, but remember it predates that chipset, so you're likely to still have some exclamation marks in Device Manager until you install the 4-in-1's.

Back