• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

450 Watts enough?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Run 3DMark to exercise the video card. The Realbench stress test exercises both the CPU and the GPU so you might download it and give it a whirl. You can adjust he RAM amount used as well with that prog.

They should be in slots 2/4 if its just 2 DIMMS (counting away from the socket starting with 1). The ones further away from the socket, with an empty slot between them. But you probably already know that.

The 2600 might struggle a bit with various ram settings depending on the IC, especially with 32GB. Possibly downloading Thaiphoon Burner to see what the ICs are could give some hints. Maybe starting a thread in the memory section for this would be better. I will say to go ahead and try some extra SOC voltage, as the Zen+ need a bit of that to run larger capacities and / or higher speed.

I think i can get it, i just can never remember what slots to stick it in when i am putting everything together.
I know the processor will run 3200 ram, i had it in my main system running 3600 after struggling with the timings a bit before i swapped it out for a 3600x
Its a beefier board than this mATX though so that might be a factor still after swapping slots

Your GPU is ~100W at max...even with that power virus application (which, use something other than furmark/kombuster. If you notice, your clock speeds and voltage on the card are a lot lower than any gaming situation).

Yea i was just making sure i didnt get a bum card, i hadnt downloaded any thing from steam or blizzard yet to try out yet. I'll actually be doing a bit of emulation on it too so i am curious to see how that handles it.

Run 3DMark to exercise the video card. The Realbench stress test exercises both the CPU and the GPU so you might download it and give it a whirl. You can adjust he RAM amount used as well with that prog.

I'll have to check realbench out, i've never heard of it before. i'd be curious to see how the NOS 120mm alienware AIO handles it. i know its an Asetek unit, i want to say its a 550 with much shorter tubes and a hecka thick fan on it, running it at about 15% under 40c and its still turning about 1400 RPM.

Back