• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

4GB Ballistix PC2-6400 (4 x 1GB), $37.98 AR if you received Buy.com $20 GCO Coupon

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jmsandrsn

4GB Ballistix PC2-6400 (4 x 1GB), $37.98 AR if you received Buy.com $20 GCO Coupon

Summary: Buy two Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 2GB kits at $53.99 each minus $20 Buy.com Google Checkout Coupon minus $50 Mail in rebate ($25 for each kit - limit 2).

$107.98 - $20 GCO Coupon - $50 MIR = $37.98 (free shipping as long as you select the right option).

First off, this assumes that you received a $20 coupon via email from Buy.com when using Google Checkout (mine was for $20 off $60 purchase). If you did not receive it, you still may be able to get the discount if you follow the link given below but YMMV. If you want to try the link below, you have to add everything to your cart, checkout using Google Checkout, and then login in to your Google account (discount will not show up until you login). I'll give step by step instructions below. If you are able to get the $20 discount without having received the email then please post your results.

1) Click on the following link and add two of them to your cart: Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2-6400

2) Close that browser after adding them to your cart and then click on the following link for the coupon: Click on this link

3) Even though you closed the previous browser, the new browser should still show that you have $107.98 in your cart so click on the view cart link (link is up in top right corner). Then click on Google Checkout button on top right side.

4) Login to your Google Checkout account and if the coupon is going to work the discount will be reflected. If you continue on with the purchase then MAKE SURE that you choose the Free Shipping option or else you will get charged.

5) Print out rebate form and and submit: Crucial Rebate Link (rebate terms say Limit 2 so you'll be fine buying 2 sets).

This is one of the hottest deals I've found on memory yet other than some of the HP memory deals that comes out from time to time (but it was only for PC2-5300).

Good Luck!!

Last edited:
I'm TRULY UPSET that they no longer use D9GMH. Why ruin a good thing?!

well, two of my emails can get $20 off GCO, so even though I already bought the 2x 2gb tracers from newegg for $50 AR I also bought this deal...
WAY too good of deals to pass up. I'm stocking up again, lol.

Not only that but they now only issue single sided sticks, I had just got RMA ones back and they single sided :(

So then they probably OC like a 4gb kit instead, right? Since there are less banks to work with and higher density...

When you say RMA is it b/c they're DOA or b/c it doesn't work at stock settings? I have two 2gb tracers that I just recently purchased, but didn't open the package. I'm thinking that maybe I should open and test, but do I have to memtest or a POST is enough? I really don't wanna waste all of this time running tests... a simple POST isn't a bother to me, though.

I've posted this before, but I'll post it again.

For anyone that has multiple sets of Ballistix with D9GMH, if a stick from a set goes bad, you may want to consider blowing off the RMA and just holding on to the one good stick in case down the road another stick from a different set dies...in effect, you "self-RMA" the second set.

At the cheap prices that we were buying these double-sided Ballistix kits not too long ago (for $50 or less), I would rather have a single stick with D9GMH, than a set of two modules using the newer ICs.

Of course, that's just my opinion, but I've found nothing at this point to get excited about when it comes to the newer Ballistix.

I've posted this before, but I'll post it again.

For anyone that has multiple sets of Ballistix with D9GMH, if a stick from a set goes bad, you may want to consider blowing off the RMA and just holding on to the one good stick in case down the road another stick from a different set dies...in effect, you "self-RMA" the second set.

At the cheap prices that we were buying these double-sided Ballistix kits not too long ago (for $50 or less), I would rather have a single stick with D9GMH, than a set of two modules using the newer ICs.

Of course, that's just my opinion, but I've found nothing at this point to get excited about when it comes to the newer Ballistix.

Well you're a souvenir collector so for you it's worth it! I do regret selling off those thousands of sets of D9GMH that I had, but hey at least I have one left for myself. :)

My ddr2-1000 ballistix tracers that I have can't POST unless I put in a value set of ram, set voltage to 2.0+ volts and then swap out for the tracers. It sucks!! I have a cold-boot issue with my current 1000mhz tracers. :( They just don't wanna boot after a CMOS clear, assuming it goes to 1.8v.

Garo,

Perhaps an SPD reflash might solve your problem? I have a set of regular DDR2-1000s, but no tracers, but perhaps someone with a set of tracers could send you an SPD dump and you could use either the Thaiphoon Burner or the SPD Tool from TechPowerUP to reflash and see if that would help. It is entirely possible that there is even a dump already in the database for those modules.

I don't see how it couldn't hurt any and it might just fix your cold-boot issue.

Garo,

Perhaps an SPD reflash might solve your problem? I have a set of regular DDR2-1000s, but no tracers, but perhaps someone with a set of tracers could send you an SPD dump and you could use either the Thaiphoon Burner or the SPD Tool from TechPowerUP to reflash and see if that would help. It is entirely possible that there is even a dump already in the database for those modules.

I don't see how it couldn't hurt any and it might just fix your cold-boot issue.

explain to me how to do this... if you don't mind. or a link to something that will help. i just don't have the time to read 10 pages of anything anymore, so always looking for the easy way out. :) thx brotha!

Under the database tab there are files with SPD dumps, but I did not see your Tracers.

What you could do is to try each stick individually and see if one, but not the other, will cold-boot. If one does and the other doesn't, then obtain a dump from the "good" one and flash the "bad" one.

The first program...Thaiphoon Burner first became widely known in the thread from XS linked below, and it has a database, but mostly (or 100%) of DDR1.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85533

Here is a link to a detailed tutorial for using Thaiphoon Burner by Tony (of OCZ and TheTechRepository)

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=57

Download here, as well as some SPD dumps for DDR1 and DDR2:

http://cbid.amdclub.ru/html/download.html

Under the database tab there are files with SPD dumps, but I did not see your Tracers.

What you could do is to try each stick individually and see if one, but not the other, will cold-boot. If one does and the other doesn't, then obtain a dump from the "good" one and flash the "bad" one.

The first program...Thaiphoon Burner first became widely known in the thread from XS linked below, and it has a database, but mostly (or 100%) of DDR1.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=85533

Here is a link to a detailed tutorial for using Thaiphoon Burner by Tony (of OCZ and TheTechRepository)

http://www.thetechrepository.com/showthread.php?t=57

Download here, as well as some SPD dumps for DDR1 and DDR2:

http://cbid.amdclub.ru/html/download.html
So much for a quick fix. I probably won't do this after all... dunno when I'll have the time to figure out what to download, how to get it setup, etc... but what I can tell you is that BOTH STICKS can't cold-boot. I have to use another spare stick of ram to get a POST.

Back