• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5 Year Old Corsair H80

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

tomdean

ASUS P9x79 I7-3930K @ 4.2GHz Core 1.2209V Ubuntu 16.04 Antec P183, Corsair H80

I am somewhat worried about the cooler. Is it about ready to die??? I run this system 24/7.

I seem to sense the fan speed ramping up more often that before.

I run a home-made numerical calculation with gmp on all cores, 12 threads, each reporting 100% CPU (top). When I do this, I am at 60Hz pumps.

When starting the test, the core temps come up
Package 71C
Core 0..5: 72C, 63C, 65C, 72C, 63C, 65C

Mostly, when I am not pushing it, the temps are around 31..33C.

I talked to Corsair and all they would say was the warranty is 5 years.

I would start by removing the fans to check for dust build up on the radiator then go from there. If it's dirty clean it, if it's clean then look to replace. Five years is a long time for w/c setup, sealed or not so I would look for something else but that's just me.

I would start by removing the fans to check for dust build up on the radiator then go from there. If it's dirty clean it, if it's clean then look to replace. Five years is a long time for w/c setup, sealed or not so I would look for something else but that's just me.

Ditto. Blow some compressed air through the fins from the exhaust side of the radiator.

Back