• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

5770 dual monitor help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xNick

Registered
Sorry if this is the wrong board, I was not sure where it belonged. I have an XFX Raedon 5770, and I am having a few issues with my dual monitor setup that I never remember having. First when I have something such as a video or game running on one screen, I get screen flickers on the other. Also, when I am playing a video on one screen and I try to start a game (NBA 2k12 in this case) the video stops but the audio continues. Is there anyway to fix these issues?

I had that exact same card and I could not get it to not skip or hang a tad unless it was under 55-53c.I don't know if it's xfx or what but it didn't run right until I put water to it.I had to get rid of it for a 560 ti/oc.Like going from night to day.

I run a Gigabyte 5770 OC and 2 monitors. Using 1 monitor for video and the other as a workplace, I don't have a problem. Haven't tried game on 1 and desktop on the other though.

A 5770 is a great bang for the buck card for a casual gamer, but once you get that 3D section fired up gaming along with 2D on the other monitor I can see it making some serious heat. In that situation you've literally got a card firing on all cylinders. If this just started when you started playing a new game, it's possible it's a higher requirement game and is stressing your GPU more than what you played previously.

Try dropping to one display before you start gaming and see what that does to your temps.

Back