• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

6000+ Initial Overclock Results

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Spacepiston

After many reboots this is the best I could come up with:

227x15 = 3405Mhz
Vcore = 1.45v
DDR2-800 RAM Divider
2.3v RAM Voltage
5-5-5-16 2T @ 850mhz (mem won't run any stable 4's despite Patriot's claim)
x5 HT Multiplier = 1133
Idle Temp = 23-24C
Load Temp = 37-39C (Thank You Danger Den!!)
PWM = 71C

Asus X1950Pro 256 @ 648/817 (now this I'm happy with)

SPECS:

Abit AN9-32X Fatal1ty
AMD X2 6000+ Revision JH-F3, Stepping 3.
4X1GB Patriot PC2-6400 "Low Latency" (4-4-4-12), 2.2v (not stable at default speeds unless on 5's)
Raptor 74GB 16mb Cache HDD
OCZ Powerstream 420ADJ
Asus EAX1950 Pro 256mb
Eheim 1250->Chevette Hcore w/ shrouded push/pull fan setup-> Danger Den TDX CPU block->Maze4 GPU block w/ 1/2" clear flex & radiator fluid!

My biggest complaint so far is the Uguru chip on this motherboard. On my old AI7 I could basically bypass the Uguru and on this board the overclocking features REQUIRE Uguru even in Windows! The software kept messing up and requiring a reinstall. Eventually I figured out how it all worked, and what options could be set and remembered through bios, and what settings could only be set w/ software. I would not buy this board again due to this setup. It makes my head hurt.

The second complaint comes from the memory which boasts low latency times, while not actually being able to run stable at default speeds w/ 2.3v on anything but 5's.

I tried different combinations of multipliers and dividers. The chip will not do much beyond 3.4ghz. I tried applying 1.65 volts and noted some increased stability but freeze-ups for the most part.

I'm going to run this for a while before I try pushing anything farther.

Last edited:
HI there,

are you sure its your ram thats the problem I got the same RAM and it ran at up to 862MHz with 4-4-4-12 timings when I had my 6000+ oc'd to 3450MHz with 230 x 15 and HT at 1150.

I've got my 6400+ at the moment on 220 x 16 = 3520 and my RAM at 4-4-4-12 at 880MHz, though I have got it at 2.3v for this....

I've tried it at 5-5-5-15 for the high frequency profile, but it seems it prefers the lower speed and tighter timings in my case, the higher speed and looser timings doesn't work so well in my case.

it might be the chipset is struggling at the increased HT speed, have you tried increasing your chipset voltages a touch, I had to increase mine to NB Core 1.4v, SB Core 1.6v..... not sure what the defauts are for your mobo but you might want to try it to see if it helps, just watch the temps or make sure you got good NB cooling.

But it could be that you just got unlucky with your RAM, if your unhappy with it, you could RMA it I guess....but just thought I'd post to let you know that its not a common problem with the Patriot RAM.

Best wishes

Kaz

Last edited:
If I read it right you're trying to overclock with the software within windows? Don't do that, just use BIOS.

I have my 6000+ @ 226x15 with a 4xHT, 667 RAM, 3400mhz total. Steady as anything and idles at 30*C :).

If I read it right you're trying to overclock with the software within windows? Don't do that, just use BIOS.

I have my 6000+ @ 226x15 with a 4xHT, 667 RAM, 3400mhz total. Steady as anything and idles at 30*C :).

Trust me, if I could avoid the software I would, but apparently Abit's setup on this board requires the use of the Uguru software. If I don't install the driver for the Uguru chip in window I have an unknown device in the list.

I did buy this board as an open box so I can't be sure if it is working properly. What I do know is that w/o the software running the board will cold boot the default settings and won't load the user configured settings w/o a warm boot first. I can set the multiplier and the memory settings from bios w/o worrying about it defaulting, but for some reason the clock speed will not stay..

Kaz_girl,

I did try to push the voltage up on the chipset w/o any luck. I tried 4-4-4-12 at default speed w/ 2.3volts and could not pass 1 minute of Orthos. So that kind of rules out the chipset. I'm thinking maybe this board has some compatibility issues w/ the memory or the 4 gigs is causing trouble. I haven't tried it w/ just 2.

Trust me, if I could avoid the software I would, but apparently Abit's setup on this board requires the use of the Uguru software. If I don't install the driver for the Uguru chip in window I have an unknown device in the list.

Get rid of the software, my last board was a ABIT and I didn't install the software and just used the BIOS. Sure you'll have an unknown device in windows but just ignore that and do everything in BIOS. Trust me, it'll be a lot easier.

Back