• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

780 lightning Water cooling issue. Need help Possibly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

anthonyg45157

Hey there! Ive decided to take my first water cooling experienced and couple that with a kraken g10 and a gtx 780 lightning. So far everything has been perfect for the past week. idle temps around 20 celcius and never over 45 when gaming. However this morning i was shocked when i pulled up after burner and saw my gpu was at almost 90 celcius idle. so i knew it was an issue with the water cooler(h100). Pump light works fine and i even tested 12v going to the pump.

So after doing more research i discovered it could possible be "air in the pump" Sure enough i powered on my computer, titled it and behold the water started to flow. SO, im assuming this has to do with the way I have this setup which is wrong because my rad is lower than my pump??? Would i be able to move the rad up 120mm to the next fan spot and not have issue??

Thank for all your help! Any will be helpful!

Anthony

900x900px-LL-8a488546_IMG_20160216_212100.jpeg

Looking at your H100's positioning, it looks ok to me because the air will trap at the highest point of the radiator, since its the highest point of the loop. When moving things around, sometimes the air gets circulated. It's quite possible the air got circulated to your pump OR your H100 pump is on its last leg. Usually, if there is air in the pump, you'd hear loud unusual noises coming from the pump. Just keep an eye on it if you're temps are still good.

Looking at your H100's positioning, it looks ok to me because the air will trap at the highest point of the radiator, since its the highest point of the loop. When moving things around, sometimes the air gets circulated. It's quite possible the air got circulated to your pump OR your H100 pump is on its last leg. Usually, if there is air in the pump, you'd hear loud unusual noises coming from the pump. Just keep an eye on it if you're temps are still good.

Gotcha, Thanks for the reassurance. I never heard any strange noises or felt any odd vibrations from the pump however as soon as I tilted the computer I heard water start flowing and it sounded similar to air being pushed through a garden hose lol. The h100 is brand new, however i know that doesnt mean it isnt faulty, Ill keep an eye on it. Again thanks!

Back