• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7800GT $334 shipped AR

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
d94 said:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814170088
$364 shipped w/$30 rebate...
not too shabby and i think the lowest price iv seen for this card! :)

Best deal I've seen yet! I'm looking to get one of these cards but I really haven't heard too much about Albatron. I pretty much narrowed it down to XFX or eVGA, but this deal is really tempting. Does anyone own this card, or another card by this manufacturer?

CWynn said:
Best deal I've seen yet! I'm looking to get one of these cards but I really haven't heard too much about Albatron. I pretty much narrowed it down to XFX or eVGA, but this deal is really tempting. Does anyone own this card, or another card by this manufacturer?
just added an eVGA deal too

albatron makes cards that break, and their RMA sucks, pay a little more and get a better card

s random said:
albatron makes cards that break, and their RMA sucks, pay a little more and get a better card

Good to know, I'll stick with what I was going to do originally. Thanks a lot!

Please... can you guys stop posting 7800 deals unless they are INSANE? It's wasting people's money here. Just b/c they are saving a lousy $20-30 they think that it's worth jumping on and putting out their paychecks for it!!!

BOOO TO THE HIGH VIDEO CARD PRICING! BOO TO ANYTHING OVER $250!!!!!!!

g0dM@n said:
Please... can you guys stop posting 7800 deals unless they are INSANE? It's wasting people's money here. Just b/c they are saving a lousy $20-30 they think that it's worth jumping on and putting out their paychecks for it!!!

Why does the deal have to be "INSANE"? I really appreciate when people post stuff like this even if it is $20-30. I don't know about you but I'm personally going to be buying one of these cards pretty soon and I'll take whatever savings I can get.

g0dM@n said:

o dude shutup :p
i wouldnt be surprised if you jumped on this :beer:

CalsonicGTR said:
Whats wrong with a $250+ video card? If you have the money, use it I say.
godman's kiddin bro
he just spends money like butta
he himself is rockin an x850xt

man thi9s was the week I was gunna buy Vid card , I am building a system but very slowly. I got the case , PS , and thats it for now . I want to go 939 and use my MachI on it . still up in the air on Diego or Manchester . I am not going to build another computer for a while so its got to last me a while , I know ... MachI doesnt encourage long term cuz after all I am an Overclocker so....
I like that people post up things that are 20-30 bux off , maybe 30 bux it the tie breker between a lower priced card , and all it took was 30 bux less . but in my present situation...I just got back home an hour ago from sitting on the side of the road in my Jeep with a busted water pump .
Towing ...........................120
Water pump installed .........450
---------------------------------

no video card for me

Man I'm sure glad that I do all my own work on my cars and haven't been to a mechanic in over 5 years. I save so much money that way.

Yeah but I dont wanna work on my vehiccles anymore , now I get a warrenty withy everything , and I can still go to work while my Jeep is getting fixed so its not a total waste of a day fixing the car and missing a days pay . but thats how I think, its all about the money ,some people say its wrong that I am just being greedy , but I want cool stuff and cool stuff costs money , so work = money , work = cool stuff , me = go to work .

silentbob

silent bob said:
Yeah but I dont wanna work on my vehiccles anymore , now I get a warrenty withy everything , and I can still go to work while my Jeep is getting fixed so its not a total waste of a day fixing the car and missing a days pay . but thats how I think, its all about the money ,some people say its wrong that I am just being greedy , but I want cool stuff and cool stuff costs money , so work = money , work = cool stuff , me = go to work .

silentbob
You're thinking like a true economist! Anyways, hope you manage to get a sweet card like this. I can only imagine how nice a Dell 24" monitor plus this would work /drool

CWynn said:
Man I'm sure glad that I do all my own work on my cars and haven't been to a mechanic in over 5 years. I save so much money that way.

LOL... my dad's been a mechanic for over 30 years. He owned one gas station / repair shop about 25 miles away for about 20 years, and then he left that and got the one down the street from my street! This one he got about 11 years ago, and it has 3 bays, one is a drive-on ramp with the alignment machine, one is the in-ground lift, and one is called I think a 2-post lift. I like that one the best b/c I have SO MUCH room to work with.

I do all of my own oil changes, tune-ups, tire repair/replace, brakes, and sometimes exhaust (with my dad's help). I worked at my dad's place in the shop every college break (summer, winter) that I had when I was away at school. When I was in high school I pumped gas. It was awesome b/c at night when it was less busy my friends would come by and hang out. Man, I miss the old high school days.

I do find it VERY, VERY helpful to have a father as a mechanic. He saves me LOTS of money.

I'm sorry for your tragedy, though, Silent Bob. I wish you lived by me. I'da helped you out! Water pumps are no joke.

--------------------

@everyone else, I was half sarcastic before. I said that b/c whenever someone posts something about saving $20-30 on a $300-400 item it almost forces the person to spend the money. It's all marketing... it makes us think that we're "saving money." So, in essence, I was only HALF sarcastic.

Remember the Dell deal, d94, where I bought TWO 7800GTX thinking that I got a GREAT deal? LOL... I sold them suckers so fast when I realized that I spent $1000 on video cards!

Back