• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

7950 GT vs 7900 GTO vs 7900 GT KO

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
jut ordered a system with the 7900GTO, will be here in 3 days, will let you know some result!

I'm kinda ****ed. I bought a 7950gt from newegg and a week later I hear about the gto =(

They are still shipping, they are also on the front page of the evga website, but evga seems to be the only place selling them. They are not in stock on the evga website. I don't know how long they are going to last, but they seem to be excluded from the evga tradeup program according to other unconfirmed posts. Rumor is that the ram running at full speed would cause problems so the underclocked it and sold gtx as gtos. I am getting one delivered today. Newegg has 90 days same as cash right now if you sign up for there outrageous interest rate prefered membership, if that makes it easier for you to pull the trigger. Price was 245 when I bought mine on Sunday.

Just opened the box, the box is now printed with 7900gto and not relabeled. I think you can safely wait until november to get one. I hope it is as good as some of the results I have seen here.

Elephanthead said:
Just opened the box, the box is now printed with 7900gto and not relabeled. I think you can safely wait until november to get one. I hope it is as good as some of the results I have seen here.

it is, don't worry =P

I went from a 7800gt clocked at 490/1150 to this card. I OC'd this card to 700/1600, and i gained quite a bit

In 3dmark 05 i went from 8053 (highest i had ever gotten) to 10600 something with this card.

I would definately say its a GREAT deal.

That and when i start up my computer i can't really hear it like i could my 7800gt

Here's an old thread to revive...

Seriously, check this out guys. I had to RMA my EVGA 7900GT KO and EVGA sends me a regular 7900GT to replace it... so I called them on it and they told me, this I knew already, that they had no more 7900GT KO's in stock.

Why didn't you send me an up grade instead of a downgrade card I asked.
Am I wrong?
They agreed and appologized saying that's what they normaly do and the nice tech support guy said they'd crossship a 7950GT KO to me. I got it yesterday and am testing it now. The serial numbers tell me it's a 7950GT KO yet Everest and SiSoft Sandra say its a 7950GT. Thats probably normal since they report the chipset only and I looked at the clock speeds and checked them with the specs on the EVGA site and theyre totaly out of whack:

BIOS Version 5.71.22.42.55
Core is at 579MHz
DDR is at 722Mhz
Effective clock is at 1444Mhz

So I'm wondering if this is another RMA. Is a 7950GT KO an upgrade to a 7900GT KO anyway?? Do I really have a 7950GT KO?

Its kinda important since I don't really like to overclock video cards and much prefer to buy them overclocked. Trust me its safer in my instance- lol.

What did they send me?

Thanks guys. Running the crossshipment card to the UPS right now and back later. I may just create my own topic to post.

Wow, I was reading through this thread thinking mygod… the 8800gts 320mb version is only 300 dollars and no one has suggested it to him yet… then I looked at the dates.

icon_redface.gif

ChinStrap said:
Wow, I was reading through this thread thinking mygod… the 8800gts 320mb version is only 300 dollars and no one has suggested it to him yet… then I looked at the dates.

icon_redface.gif

:beer:

lol - I've gone ahead and made my own post. Sorry for hijack attempt! Do Not Revive. haha

Last edited:
Back