• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

87.25's are on the net - beta driver

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i have the same card as u and i can't find that option anywhere. I already checked all the options that can show up through nvtweak... where is it :confused:

i'm using 87.25 but i don't c it...

btw theres nothing under "negative lod bias" it ends right there.

6800gs6ab.jpg

Last edited:
You might need to install coolbits to access it, or remove your previous drivers and then install these.

Thread optimization is for either dual core CPUs or SLI GPUs. I haven't heard anything from Intel users about it yet though.

Celeron_Phreak said:
You might need to install coolbits to access it, or remove your previous drivers and then install these.

Thread optimization is for either dual core CPUs or SLI GPUs. I haven't heard anything from Intel users about it yet though.

That is correct. Coolbits required, dual core cpu required. Intel users at 3dguru have had issues accessing these features as well.

Bringing the htread back to life to see what thoughts are still on this modded driver. I just put together an AM2 X2 4200 with SLI XFX 7600 GT's, one the XXX Edition 590/1600 the other the Extreme Edition 580/1500.

Is this one of the better drivers currently as I have been an ATI fan boy. Also I just did another format to start from scratch as I did not like the 91.31's and the new panel. I want something simple to overclock via coolbits, the new 91.31 was not familiar and I did not like the new control panel. Did not have time to test it gaming but I hit 10,650 in 3D05 with 4200 running stock 2.2

I am just looking for a good SLI driver preferably with older control panel........

Last edited:
Cisco Kid said:
Bringing the htread back to life to see what thoughts are still on this modded driver. I just put together an AM2 X2 4200 with SLI XFX 7600 GT's, one the XXX Edition 590/1600 the other the Extreme Edition 580/1500.

Is this one of the better drivers currently as I have been an ATI fan boy. Also I just did another format to start from scratch as I did not like the 91.31's and the new panel. I want something simple to overclock via coolbits, the new 91.31 was not familiar and I did not like the new control panel. Did not have time to test it gaming but I hit 10,650 in 3D05 with 4200 running stock 2.2

I am just looking for a good SLI driver preferably with older control panel........

The new drivers have the option to change back to the old style control panel, I think its under the View menu.

So far, for SLI, the 91.33 drivers seem to work wonders. After enabling Thread Optimization from the driver panel, I get about a 15 - 20% increase in Doom 3 based games, and about a 5-10% increase in DirectX games.

Celeron_Phreak said:
So far, for SLI, the 91.33 drivers seem to work wonders. After enabling Thread Optimization from the driver panel, I get about a 15 - 20% increase in Doom 3 based games, and about a 5-10% increase in DirectX games.

Well now I look like a twit,LOL shows how much time I have been spending on my system. I will leave the 87.25's as is and then upgrade back to the 91.31's wondering whether my 10K+ is in line for 2x76GT's SLI wx2 4200 dual running stock clocks

I assume for any overclocking one adds the coobits reg edit or uses powerstrip? What is best choice these days with NV?

Last edited:
I've always used coobits, but I've heard that Riva Tuner is better for OCing SLI cards. Coolbits doesn't seem to save overclocking settings, even after editing it's registry entry for use with SLI cards.

Celeron_Phreak said:
I've always used coobits, but I've heard that Riva Tuner is better for OCing SLI cards. Coolbits doesn't seem to save overclocking settings, even after editing it's registry entry for use with SLI cards.

Cool thanks for the Riva tip. I ran cards at 585/1550 in SLI and scored roughly the same at 10,6xx, with x2 4200 stock . Now I gotta get this chip to 2.8

Back