• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8RDA+ Bios options

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vedder323

Athlon XP 1600+ Agoia "locked"
8RDA+ rev 1.0
Crucial pc2100 256x2
Radeon 9700 pro

I would like to understand what Memory frequency does and if I should increase it while overclocking?

your crucial pc2100 is only rated for 133mhz FSB.... however, I was able to push mine to 185mhz FSB using 2.9v Vdmm. memory ratio should be 100% as the FSB.

I tried that and was able to to get around 165 fsb. What were voltage were you using on your other devices? Cpu and AGP?

at cpu default speed, I would use 1.65v vcore
agp would be 1.5v

if overclocked, cpu vcore need to be increased accordingly

Elusion, you seem to be the guy with the answers around here. I am still having prob's getting anything higher than 165-170 fsb. Any suggestions?

since your CPU is locked..... your multiplier is only 10.5

10.5x133 = 1396.5 mhz

so when you set FSB to 166mhz, your cpu is running at 1743mhz. That is 350mhz OC without changing the multiplier. What is your CPU Voltage at? I really believe it is your CPU falling not your memory.

I am able to get to 200mhz FSB because I lowered the multiplier. My CPU default multiplier is 15x and I lowered it to 11.5x in order to get over 200mhz.

Because your AMD 1600+ is not T-bred core, so it is factory locked. You will have to do physical unlocking on the CPU in order to get 200mhz FSB.

That makes sense to me. I tried pushing my v core up to 1.85 but I couldnt get Windows to load. I have never o'clocked before so I was hesitant about pushing it harder than that. What do you think?

it depends on your cooling on your cpu too... maybe it was your cpu overheated....

1.85v should be the max vcore when you cooling with air

I am using water cooling... and I set my limit at 2.05v (currently only using 1.95v)

That is a good call but I have it covered, So far my comp has never reached anything over 45c. Im so happy with this board. My pc3200 XMS will be here today, I hope I will be able to get a little more out of it then. Once I put that in there, should I stay with 100% freq or go higher?

You want to run your memory frequency SYNC (100%) with your FSB frequency. 45c is actually pretty high because the cpu temp probe is in socket and not reading the temp from CPU diode (hottest spot). I am watercooled and running at 2.05v @ 2550mhz 219mhz FSB, my cpu temp full load never go over 42c. However, each mobo reports temp differently. so my 42c on my board might be 46c on your board. Learn not to trust mobo readings much.... use it as a reference only.

mem5.jpg

Back