• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 for 200$ from reliable retailer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
zabomb4163 said:
stereo555- common just find out what the max overclocks are. you know you want to ;)

Heh heh , Id LUV to but the 9700 NP is in a 2.4b system thats up for sale ( or it maybe , my soon to be NEW game server if its not sold ).

My 9700 Pro is not OC'd because Iam having problems with my IC7 with low voltages showing and the AGP slot . The AGP slot just up and dies sometimes , although rare , it still happens :( and I know its not my card or drivers so Iam still testing the IC7 incase I need to RMA it . Till I fiqure for sure if my IC7 needs to RMA'd ... no OC'ing of my 9700 Pro ; after that I'll be more than happy to OC my card :D

stereo555

I just ended up using Radclocker instead of rage3d... final speeds are 390/330.
I can bench it higher but this will be for sure stable for everyday use.

Do ramsinks help on these cards at all? That might be worth a shot...

damn it I hate you guys!!! jk
Everytime I come up with some cash you guys find some kind of deal that I get sucked into.

zabomb4163 said:
how high can you bench at.....btw 390 is awsome for a 200$ card

benched at 400 core/333mem... might go higher but I start having problems around there. I suspect maybe just heat or perhaps the powersupply.

my stock 3dmark03 was 4200... overclocked it does 5700!

jeez. with my modded 9500np i get 4700 at 377/300. artifacts on mem at 307.

Has anybody tried to flash the bios with the 200 dollar 9700? I'm wondering if it's possible with the the not-so-great memory it has... if it is i'm gonna jump on this card :)

Merp said:
Has anybody tried to flash the bios with the 200 dollar 9700? I'm wondering if it's possible with the the not-so-great memory it has... if it is i'm gonna jump on this card :)

Yeah, I've 3dmark2k1 benched mine up to 430/333 with warp11's unlocked sapphire nonpro bios. If I go any higher with the core it doesn't make the machine lock up or 3dmark03 crash... it just has little flickering black spots and stuff, so could that be a power supply issue or something? I was just messing around with Mufu's infineon 9700 pro bios last night a little bit... it didn't seem to help my memory and I didn't have time to try the core yet.

MaximusGladius said:
I bought a 9500 NP, no luck with the wizard drivers.

I am thinking about a 9500 pro, but they want $189.

I also thought about the 9700np, an run the wizzard drivers. But I dont want artifacts for $200.

Looking at the 9600pro might be the best bet. Take a look at the overclocking features.

- Roll The Dice

Demont said:
I just ended up using Radclocker instead of rage3d... final speeds are 390/330.

MaximusGladius- do you read the threads before you post? He said earlier that it runs ABOVE 9800 speeds for hours in 3dmark with no artifacting. the newer 9600's will NOT overclock as high as the first ones.

Running a 390MHz clock on the core is a awesome for a Pro, and just flat stunning for a Non-Pro. -Especially since it hasn't been modded at all.

no kidding. but for some reason MaximusGladius thinks the 9600 gets better overclocking results.

mattspalace said:
Running a 390MHz clock on the core is a awesome for a Pro, and just flat stunning for a Non-Pro. -Especially since it hasn't been modded at all.

Sorry this is off the topic but......
(saw in matt's sig " I'm getting married in 9 Days")

CONGRAT'S MATT , ON SOON TO BE MARRIED !!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I wish you all the best :beer:

stereo555

Hey congrats matt, better buy up a bunch of computer hardware before she cracks the whip. Only 9 days LEFT... I mean only 9 days until your joyous union etc. :D

Maximusgladius.... yeah... what zabomb said! I don't get any problems at stock or 9700 PRO speeds or even much higher.... its not until I get past like 420 or so do I even see the occasional hint of one of those little black specs. (and perhaps the infineon 9700 pro bios will help that?) As for the ram, its not -great- really... but hell what do you expect for $199.... lots of infineon chip cards cant even get to 310! mine does ~330 fine.

Who knows mine might be much better than the other mwave 9700 np's... but... $199 is still a good price for that card regardless... thats why i bought it in the first place. :)

My point was spending the money, and not getting the performance and artifacts.

If getting a 9700np, will it OC' 100 percent of the time without artifacts?

My comments were to avoid this and take a safe route.

I realize the 9600pro will never perform like a 9700pro. But if you read the link that I sent, the OC potential for the 9600pro is great.

Thanks for your comments.

Back