• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9700 NP emergency, plz help me out cause i'm dying hear!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SnComet2

Alright my graphics card is a sapphire 9700 NP. Its the red card that looks identical to the Built by Ati cards. It happens to have the samsung 2.86 ns memory on it.
Well, I had a wonderful idea. I decided that since it had pro memory i would flash it with the Giga-byte 9700 PRO bios that they have on there website. The flash was successful. After the flash I uninstalled and reloaded my catylyst 3.1 drivers. Well, windows can't read the drivers for some reason, and so the card supports literally nothing. It can't do AGP xanything, it can't do any fancy features. So I decided that I would flash it with the Warp11 9700NP bios that is on the 3dchipset bios. Well I have the same problem. Windows can't get the driver to work. Arghhh, hopefully someone knows how to fix this cause if not i'm gonna be stuck with a gf3. Oh and to flash the bios i used Flashrom that comes with the gigabyte bios update d/l. Thnlks for any and all help...damn why did i destroy an awesome card :(.
red

Don't worry ! You didn't destroy anything. I had same problems only thing I did was to completly uninstall Cats 3.1 and then install them again. Rebooted and voila. Mind I have a 9500 modded to 9700 and flashed with 9700 Pro BIOS. And I have 3.6 Memory on mine so your's shouldn't be a problem !
Good luck !

i've already done that to no avail, cleaned every last bit of the drivers out the 3rd time i did it with jv16 powertools and still no luck :(

What do you mean, windows can get the drivers to work? What kind of error(s) do you get?
Sorry fer ya. :(

If you don't get anywhere sorting out the drivers then maybe try it on a fresh install of windows - don't need to wipe your old install, just make a new one on a new drive. Install mobo drivers and cats and then if it doesn't work you'll probably need to flash BIOS again, possibly in another way. I wonder if this has anything to do with the supposed recent efforts of ATI to block flashing for OC? Some failed 9500 NP's had to be flashed with the program 'flashrom' because ATI flash didn't work - they had different symptoms though, I think. There are some threads on this over at www.rage3d.com.

I forgot to mention that a few days ago when I reinstalled windows I got this error when installing the cats drivers, some missing file or something. Reinstalling windows without formatting helped fix the problem.

i don't think reinstalling windows will help, and i can't try that just yet. Does anyone have the original sapphire 9700 bios? I need to put that back on it before i rma it back to newegg, just incase they check for it.

I'd flash back to the original bios and then to the warp11 bios. You'd be much better off getting this card to work then getting one with slower ram.

i didn't save the original bios cause i'm a moron, anyone have the original sapphire 9700 NP bios?

Back