• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

9800 uses 15micron chip to slow!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
well well thats one hell of a overclock accurate !!
is that on the 2500+

wow you can pick up them realy cheap now
:clap:

Accurate said:
Forgot to add my 9700 pro ran at 418 with modified air cooling. I have yet to run my 9800 pro on anything other than my shuttle nforce 2 micro toaster pc but I managed in the 17.5K with the little thing *LOL*!!! I am hopeing to hit in the 20,000 when I put it on one of the monster pc's I build :)

I can get over 19k with mine and there are a lot of optimizations that could be done to raise it. You should hit 20k very easily if you manage your reasorces right.

i need better memory before i do anything else:(
some 3200 corsair would be fine and dandy.....

then might see some 17000 + scores and higher fsb :)

Last edited:
errr this guy knows something about pc's but he is still beating his head against the wall with the old mhz means everything. and really .13 would of just meant lower chip yields and lower profit margins. and really ati is still able to put out a quiet cooler for there gpu cuz it does huge amounts of work in its 350 than if they were to put it at 500. or would you want a dust buster in your case with a ****ty gpu under it, even nvidia admits they messed up with the nv30 they tried to do to much with too little and they are trying to force everyone to code specifically for it thats why it can't handle "generalized" code worth a hoot.

sorry, just kinda ****ed that nvidia's cheap dx9 card is slower than a 9000pro in every way.

Last edited:
gamefoo21 said:
errr this guy knows something about pc's but he is still beating his head against the wall with the old mhz means everything.

I think were done with this part of the thread

:mad:

spiritedandy said:

the new 9800 use 15 micron chip so you will not be able to go above 400mhz
i wanted 400+:mad:

The slowest stable OC I have seen from a 9800 Pro is 408mhz, the highest OCs I have seen are over 500mhz and the average
OC is 415-440.

The real beauty of the 9800 Pro is that is was designed on a tried and true process and it is mature. The R350 will likely be the last .15 chip for ATIs flagship card so its as mature as the .15 process can go , many agree that ATI has outdone themselves taking this process to new heights.

I think the 9700 or 9800 is the card to have until the second generation .13 chips are available.

Back