• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A D5 at half the price? $40 Bykski B PMS5 X D5 - Anyone used it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ben333

Folding for Team 32!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32974579850.html

I'm thinking this is either a really good clone or maybe even made in the same factory as other D5s? Anybody know someone using one?

Not exactly the same, but the impeller looks spot on. No stainless housing, but... similar specs. What does everybody think about this?

$40 for a D5 is a steal.

Pump type: B-PMS5-X
Color: black
Material: Engineering plastic
Driving mode: SINE WAVE
Product Size: Please refer to the dimension drawing
Driving technology:Ultra Durable PCB+Solid Capacitor+SMD Sensor
Voltage consumption: DC 12V, TDP23W
Maximum flow: 1100L/H
Output head: 3.8 METERS
Wording temperature: 60°C below 4800rpm
Speed control method PWM Temperature control mode
Maximum speed: 1500- 4800
Signal interface: Molex D-type 4pin+ manual speed control + data feedback
Voltage range: 8V-24V

Im thinking on buying one to have around as a spare pump, for 32€ seems ok. I will let you know if i buy it and end up using it :)

More confusing, this listing shows pictures of BOTH the plastic housing clone, and a stainless steel body lowara. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32998717828.html "$40 - $55"

maxfly, the one you linked (btw for others, just remove the "m." from start of URL if viewing on a desktop) do you think there is a strong chance I'd definitely get the stainless version?

Yes, just pick the one on the left( the lowara) when you order. The one on the right, the black plastic one is the byski made one.

In the future, I'll absolutely order that up and see how it works out. A real D5 for $55 is a solid deal for sure. Only reason I am not ordering one at this time is because the site says I wouldn't get it till almost February.

Personally, I'm just going to get a Swiftech MCP50X for the time being. $70 and I don't need to stress over it possibly going dead. I'd really like to see these low cost pumps being looked into though because it really allows for some nice entry-level possibilities for newcomers and old-schoolers alike. I bought an MCP655 in 2008 for $80 - $90. I'm positive it still works perfectly too, but for the life of me I can't find the darn thing. I have a DDC with issues sitting here, aswell as a Laing D4 from 2004 but the latter has a cooked mosfet. Truth be told, I don't mind paying $100ish for a pump that will last 10 - 15 years. But a lot of them don't last that long, and also... they're STUPIDLY simple little devices. They really do not need to cost as much as they do.

If you already have a res or pump top you can usually find the d5 pump heads for between $60 and $70 if you catch a sale at ppcs, modmymods, frozencpu or amazon.
I agree, ive wanted to try out a both the ddc and d5 knock offs for a couple of years but ive already got too many pumps and just dont have anything to test them in. It would be nice if people on aliexpress would leave long term reviews of the products rather than just the shipping and fluff. Id be really interested in hearing how those pumps do over the course of a year or two.
They are really simple pumps, its the motherboards that generally go bad rather than any of the few mechanical parts. I tried replacing the boards ($20) in a couple of bad ddcs ive got but my soldering skills are terrible and it was a complete failure.
Unfortunately with things the way they are right now everything seems to have gotten more expensive but im sure by this spring or summer prices should be back in line with what were used to. In the meantime keep an eye out, im sure youll find a solid deal.

No doubt man. In fact, I plan on buying a cheap pump or two, and literally just letting it run as long as possible. Not even in a computer. Just hooking it up to a heatercore or something and forget about it, just so I can speak somewhat to its reliability. I'd gladly spend $30 - $40 for that piece of mind.

Back