• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A good laugh..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chawks2

The below is in response to getting the boot on the Nvidia forums due to "anti-Nvidia" propaganda - which is just a load of horse manure..

I would like to comment that my suspension was unfair and unjust.

The "anti-Nvidia" propaganda was ill conceived. First, I posted a crash dump CLEARY identifying an issue with my 8800 GTX vid card and Vista x32 compatibility. My post was removed, and there was no reason as to why it was removed, it just disappeared.

I posted it a second time, explaining here is my dump AGAIN can we have an answer to the issues. Again no response. Which is what normally happens in "user forums".

The third time I posted a link to Xbit Labs which has an Nvidia TEAM MEMBER explaining the reason why Vista drivers are immature: http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/display/20070412224213.html. This time my account is suspended for 1 month for educating Nvidia owners what the company has publicly stated.

Whoever moderates the forums makes a decision on what content he deems pertinent or should not be published. In this case, I do not believe at ANY POINT I blatently claimed "anti-NVidia" propaganda. I put a link on the forums explaining to the NUMEROUS ppl WHO OWN NVIDIA products that NVIDIA made a calculated mistake with the release of their Vista drivers. This is _confirmed_ with a representative from Nvidia. Traditionally, this is not called propaganda, but FACT.

I will be posting this information on ALL Video card forums to see how this matter was dealt with by the manufacturer. Being that I am an avid customer of NVidia products, I think I will return to the days of the 9800 PRO and preach the "untainted" to purchase nothing but ATI products.

Sincerely,

A Very Disappointed Customer.

BAHAHAHA.... If i had my way, i would buy out all their forums, and let people like your self post all the truth and facts all you wanted for others to see.

You right, it is BS.

Well, we already knew that Nv was pretty agressive on the whole marketing thing with all the "leaks" around new cards and the waiting on releases for Ati and such. I guess they figured they couldn't use the negative attention right now with the whole Ati thing.

Not that I aprove or anything, but I think it is kinda typical/logical

I have been all over the nVidia boards for the last couple months desperately seeking answers for problems and the un-ending wait for SLI Vista drivers for my 7900 series cards.

I have seen multiple posts removed that were simply addressing user problems. Once a good chunk of people start getting the ball rolling asking questions of why X isnt working or why X isnt implemented, threads mysteriously disappear.

I personally cannot wait another minute for the new ATI cards, so I can ditch this SLI bullcrap.

But you also need to look at it from their perspective. People are posting on their forum saying how their products suck. Maybe the OP's quote was trying to explain an issue, but should have contacted the company by email perhaps? What if they are working on the issue and tired of people complaining about it?

Don't know, just another perspective, tear in if you want...I'll be here :bday:

thideras, I in no way trashed Nvidia, I am just looking for solutions. If it were truly the case they wanted to help the consumer, than why not respond to my post privately or in an email. Dont just pull my threads off the site with no explanation. Just as a sidebar, I posted the same thread in guru3d.com forums and it suddenly disappeared, hmmm...sounds like an Imus thing.

I would also like to point out, I just directed everyone to a link to a PUBLIC press conference explaining the issues with the Vista implementation of Nvidia drivers. I have not heard _anyone_ complain about ATI cards and Vista, but I havent really been looking.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with surf, I can not wait for the ATI cards. Someone is going to get a good deal on the 8800 GTX in the Classifieds thread! :beer:

chawks2 said:
thideras, I in no way trashed Nvidia, I am just looking for solutions. If it were truly the case they wanted to help the consumer, than why not respond to my post privately or in an email. Dont just pull my threads off the site with no explanation. Just as a sidebar, I posted the same thread in guru3d.com forums and it suddenly disappeared, hmmm...sounds like an Imus thing.

I would also like to point out, I just directed everyone to a link to a PUBLIC press conference explaining the issues with the Vista implementation of Nvidia drivers. I have not heard _anyone_ complain about ATI cards and Vista, but I havent really been looking.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with surf, I can not wait for the ATI cards. Someone is going to get a good deal on the 8800 GTX in the Classifieds thread! :beer:

I am in no way implying that you trashed nVidia, if it sounded that way, I typed it incorrectly. I meant to show the side of a programmer that works for nVidia.

Back